Less of the Real Thing More of the Diet Substitute?

Options
cbeutler
cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
For Example Real Ice cream vs. Frozen Yogurt.

For me it is real ice cream even if I have to walk a extra mile or get a small instead of a medium.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    With Ice Cream I agree, but also I have found that Blue Bell makes a low fat/no sugar added Vanilla Ice cream that is as good an most regular vanilla ice creams.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I hate fake food - its the real deal for me. Although i liek yogurt in any form. I cant spend the rest of my life living on aspartame and splenda..... hate the 100 calorie packs of stuff too. empty carbs lead to weight gain - taken me a long time to realize that.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    There are actually some excellent sugar-free ice-creams that don't have any sweeteners at all. The only non-sugar sweeteners I use are stevia/truvia, agave and honey. When I eliminated aspartame and splenda from my diet completely, I slept better, hunger pangs subsided and stress headaches disappeared.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Not big on fake foods. Though I like frozen yogurt so that isn't a huge sacrifice. If I feel like eating ice cream I eat ice cream. If I have a hankering for a big cheeseburger with bacon and avocado I tear that thing up, but I usually make it at home and don't have fries or potato salad with it. If I feel the hankering for an old fashioned gut bomb feast I try to plan a big exercise day within a day or two.

I don't really care that much what I weigh tomorrow. I care what I weigh in five years. If I can't see myself eating a certain way five years from now I don't eat that way now.

My only exception here is diet drinks. I don't drink soda more than 3-4 times a week usually, and full sugar soda not more than once or twice a month. Even then it's just one can, not a 44 oz bucket like I used too.
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I rarely substitute unless I truly like the sub, or I wasn't that big on the original.
    I am working more on the portion control. If I don't think I will keep it under control that particular day, I skip it.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I tried Turkey Italian Sausage tonight from Jenny-O not bad but not as rich as the real thing. I think I would have been better with 1 of the real thing than 2 of the turkey.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I tried Turkey Italian Sausage tonight from Jenny-O not bad but not as rich as the real thing. I think I would have been better with 1 of the real thing than 2 of the turkey.

I like the the turkey brats from Johnsonville, and less than half the calories than normal.
  • DerekG79
    DerekG79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have found that Harvest Land Ground turkey is great. They have pattys for burgers and then the ground is excellent in sloppy joes or tacos.