Family Members

Options
I think it would be cool to see what the full range of Panhellenic and other sorority presence is here. If you have a mother, sister, aunt, cousin, grandmother, niece, etc. that is in a sorority, list it!

My grandmother is a Sigma Kappa from Georgetown College in Georgetown, KY.
My younger sister is a Phi Mu from Georgetown College in Georgetown, KY.

There may be others in my family, but I don't think I'm close enough to them to know. :)

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    No women in my family are Greek members but my brother is a Lamdba Chi Alpha, also from Gettysburg College.
  • PhiMuHoney
    PhiMuHoney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My weird older sister :wink: is an Alpha Phi from Florida Institute of Technology in Melbourne, FL
    My Grandmother is a Sigma Kappa from Georgetown College, in Georgetown, KY
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Hahaha...very funny. :tongue: :laugh:
  • kmmicco
    kmmicco Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just had a total dumb moment! I was like oh how cool! both of their grandma's went to the same university AND were in the same sorority.....then I realized you were sisters....Lol
  • Shinemaria
    Shinemaria Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My grandma was a Zeta Tau Alpha, but for the life of me I can't remember which school...

Do we do male family members? If so, my brother is a Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia alum from Youngstown State University and my boyfriend (not family yet I know but w/e) is also a PMA alum, but from Ohio Northern University

The rest of my family thinks my brother and I are super weird to go Greek....
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    The rest of my family thinks my brother and I are super weird to go Greek....

A lot of my dad's side of the family doesn't understand it. A majority of them didn't go to college and had kids as teenagers/out of wedlock, so they didn't have the chance. I've been called "obsessed" a few times...

Include male relatives, too! The more the merrier!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am the first in my family to be Greek.

My daughter (legacy) is 8, so maybe someday!