Is anybody out there?

Options
alicialee05
alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
I think this message board is fading fast....

How are we all doing in reaching our goals? Summer is here, which means it's WEDDING SEASON! My cousin's wedding is next week, and I also have 3 other to go to this year, including my own.

I've been so busy-- Wedding projects, vacations, buying a house, packing... Gained 2 lbs in the last month and I've set a goal for myself to lose 4 in the next 2 weeks. I no longer do P90x since it is WAY too hot in our apartment to do it, started back up at the gym and am doing weight lifting to at least get my arms/back sculpted to look good in my dress! I'm not as strict on my diet as I probably should be, Breakfast and lunch are usually decent, but dinner is hard since we usually look for something quick. Weekends are usually disastrous as well!

How about you all? Also feel free to add me, I've become a lot more active on MFP since I got back from vacation and I'm finding it's helping with motivation. I could always use more MFP friends :)

Replies

• zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I'm here... just swamped with, well, wedding stuff (and work and the rest of my life).

I'm not really down any weight, but I am down some serious inches-- like had to bring my dress in significantly inches. 4" off each side of the bodice :):):)

Still working out, and eating better (except for the M&Ms today).
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I am enroute to Oregon now where my daughter lives and will be married on Saturday. I didn't reach my weight goal, but I did drop fat and the dress fits fab! So, I guess I'm out now. Good luck to everyone!
  • alicialee05
    alicialee05 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you both!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well, I just found out my wedding dress is going to be in in a couple weeks!!!! SOOOOO Excited! It is mermaid fit, so I am trying to flatten my stomach. I cannot wait to try on my dress and see how well it fits and what I need to do. It will be a real eye opener. Hopefully, I feel comfortable in it and don't have to feel pressured to flatten my stomach. ( I will keep working out either way) The bridesmaid dresses are going to be in in a couple weeks as well....A little less than three months and I get to marry my LOVE:love:

Just keeping busy planning. I am hoping to keep up to date on this Thread. Hope everyone's wedding planning is going well. I haven't been too stressed yet. We are renting the decorations and the reception place is going to decorate at no charge because we are renting them.! So, we dont have to worry about any decorating.....I am just getting so excited because it is getting closer to the BIG DAY! It all just seams so sureal! I am soooo happy!!!

Happy Friday Everyone!!
  • kirstenmaria
    kirstenmaria Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Maybe your board will pick up some new brides, like me :) I'm getting married in June 2013. Balancing my graduate program, work, wedding planning, and losing weight was getting so tough on my own that I gained 10 pounds...so now I'm here, trying to stay motivated and push myself more each day. My goal is to be out of the 200s by the end of August, and between 160 and 140 when I walk down the aisle.
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe your board will pick up some new brides, like me :) I'm getting married in June 2013. Balancing my graduate program, work, wedding planning, and losing weight was getting so tough on my own that I gained 10 pounds...so now I'm here, trying to stay motivated and push myself more each day. My goal is to be out of the 200s by the end of August, and between 160 and 140 when I walk down the aisle.

I just noticed a new thread in the forums where a lot of new brides to be are posting. You should bring them here, rejuvenate this group. BTW, my daughter who was married on June 23 is Kirsten. One of my favorite names! She is now on her honeymoon...Mexican cruise.

Good luck to you and congratulations!
  • TheNewBlair
    Options
    I'm getting married in Sept. 2013. I can't wait, that is one of the main reasons i'm trying to loose weight right now. I'll be honest, i have not a clue what to do when it comes to planning a wedding, all i have done so far is the guest list! lol if anyone has any pointers on what to do or how to handle normal life, working out, and planning a wedding with a 5 year old let me mind you! lol I will take all I can get! :)
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    I'm getting married in Sept. 2013. I can't wait, that is one of the main reasons i'm trying to loose weight right now. I'll be honest, i have not a clue what to do when it comes to planning a wedding, all i have done so far is the guest list! lol if anyone has any pointers on what to do or how to handle normal life, working out, and planning a wedding with a 5 year old let me mind you! lol I will take all I can get! :)

I loved planning my wedding (sadly all planned...just needs to be executed). My fiance and I started with the general overall "theme" or "feel" of the wedding. Do you want a very laid back/casual wedding? Do you want something small and intimate with just close friends and family? Do you want a celebration that your neighbors down the block will be talking about because you're inviting the whole town? Once you figure out that I'd pick out your ceremony and reception hall. Once you see what dates are available at those venues it helps to narrow down your date.