Get To Know Everyone - Introductions

Options
Hey so I say we all kinda add a quick post about who we are and our men ect. I will go first:

My name is Ariel I am 20 my boyfriend Ethan is in the Marines we have been together a little over a year, we met at a new years party. He is stationed in Cali well I am in NC finishing school (Elementary Ed Major). I am originally from MN and plan to move back there with ethan when he finishes up with the MC. I am an Admin on the Semperfi Sisterhood Facebook page and love all the friends and support i have gained well being a Military s/o :)

Replies

• Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My name is Amy and my husband and I were high school sweethearts. College wasn't really his thing... so he joined the Navy and was stationed in Cali for 2 years while I stayed home and finished my degree.
    When he came home, he was in the reserves for awhile... but they didn't have much for his rate to do where we live so he went inactive reserves. In 2001, he rejoined the Navel reserves as a Corpsman and when he got his degree in 2008, he became a Navy Nurse. We have been lucky that he only had to serve one tour in Kuwait for a year.

We have been together for 24 years... married for 19. :heart:
  • Arilynnstein
    Options
    Amy - love how you guys have been together through it all :) 24 years is older than me so I hope someday ethan and i can tell a similar story.
  • slw1105
    slw1105 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I'm Sharon. My husband is in the Coast Guard and we live outside of New Orleans. Started in March and down 21 pounds. I usually walk 3 to 4 miles a day, sometimes more. It is getting very hot here, so early morning is best. My goal is to reach 140 lbs. My husband is currently deployed and has been gone almost 7 weeks. We have been married 12 years and he is due to retire in 4 years. I have a daughter that is going to be a junior in college and a teenage son that will be a junior in high school. Over the years of travels, we have also acquired a lab, 2 cats and most recently a blue/tick mix puppy. My problem is I need new recipes and I am good during the day, but have a sweet tooth at night. I have become addicted to Italian Ice philly stix. They are 48 calories and cotton candy is the best!!! Nice to meet everyone.
  • Arilynnstein
    Options
    look at the recipes discussion JNaber27 she sent me a website i just got all my recipes off of. :)
  • JeNN25LR
    JeNN25LR Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi Girls! I am Jenn and I live on the coast of NC. My boyfriend is a retired Marine (he was retired due to his disability), though we were together through about half of his enlistment. I've learned a lot about the military life by living here and enjoyed most parts of it! I have been using this site since about February and I have lost about 17 pounds so far. I have been doing the Couch to 5K program and will hopefully finish that within a few weeks. Nice to meet everyone - looking forward to chatting on here!
  • jlbisek
    jlbisek Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey all! I am Joanna, I live in Minnesota. My husband Jacob Is currently deployed in Afghanistan, but stationed at 29 palms CA with the Marine Corp. We have known each other since our freshman year of high school, and started dating the summer before our senior year. We recently got married on New years eve, before he deployed in march. He gets home in october-november range, so I am looking to lose a few lbs before he returns!! Nice meetin you all!
  • evermore2211
    Options
    hello all! my name is Genna, i am a 28 year old mother of two amazing lil people as well as a soon to be marine wife. I just recently got my cast off from my sixth surgery on my left (dominate) arm & after six years of no real activity i am ready to get back to my pre baby/injury weight. I am looking to loose about 60-65 lbs for lots of reasons. Mainly to be healthier than i have been & not to put myself in more of a position to get diabetes which runs high in my family as well as high BP, cholestrol, and so on. Also my new fiance is very into his body and health (weight lifter) Hes that extra kick in my butt to get me to where i wanna be. I am looking to find excited, supportive people on here to help push me along and hopefully i can do the same
    ~~Gen
  • TheBauhausCure
    TheBauhausCure Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah, 20 years old from NYC (soon to be 21). My SO and I have been best friends for three years, and he left two weeks ago to go to boot camp (USMC). We've been dating for a little over three months now (we wanted to years ago, but couldn't due to my parents). I can't wait to go to his graduation!
  • julesw734
    julesw734 Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi everyone, My name is JulieAnn or Jules and I am tryng to lose all the weight I gained before I had my heart surgery. I am a 34 year old housewife of a United States Air Force Reservist ..He was in the USMC until right after the first gulf war and that when he went to the reserves. We will be married for 8 years on July 3rd.. He is gone alot either with the reserves or his civilian job which is a military contract job and since we moved away from family due to work I really have no support for this journey other than 1 or 2 friends.. I need to get into shape for my health and also we are finally going to start trying again for children. I only need to loose about 34 pounds to be at a healthy BMI.. It is very nice to meet you all..
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm Kristin. Married to my Marine for 3 years, been together 5. Met in high school, didn't actually date until after we graduated. We have a 2 year old daughter. Currently stationed in California on Recruiting duty (which sucks!)
  • Arilynnstein
    Options
    Its great to meet you sorry it took me a while to reply to this i just got back from seeing my marine :)