Grandma Slim Down

Options
Hello! This is my very first post to this site. I have been using MFP for a few months now and have lost 10 lbs! I'm motivated as this is part of my personal "Life Extension Plan!" I have two beautiful grandchildren and one more due in 4 weeks. I want to shed the excess weight so that I can be more active and enjoy them. I noticed this group and thought this will help keep me challenged!
Ginny

Replies

• HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great reason to want to get more healthy! Congratulations on your 10 pounds of weight loss! That's awesome!!

14877786.png
  • GrammaBonnie
    GrammaBonnie Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Maybe after this challenge, you should start a Grandma Slim Down challenge!!! I'd join! :)
  • tishad58
    tishad58 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So would I! I am 53 and just had my first grandbaby on May 3. On her first birthday I will graduate from nursing school (RN, BSN)- so becoming fit and fabulous is part of my goal towards that graduation day.
  • Ginny2bskinny
    Options
    Hi everyone! Well today was the due date for my 3rd grandchild and I guess he or she is just not ready yet :o) I purchased the "fitbit" that is advertised on this website and synched it with myfitnesspal program and I LOVE IT! If you don't know what it is, click on the link and check out the videos on YouTube. It tracked all my steps, calories, distance and it is very small and I clipped it the front center of my bra. It's not noticable and it wirelessly loads my data to my FP log!

I need to challenge myself to get 10,000 steps in per day. I got a few steps shy of 6,000; however, I did a swim aerobics class and you can't wear it in the water.

I haven't lost anymore yet; however, by weigh in on Thursday I'm hoping to have a praise report!

Hey GrammaBonnie, that's a great idea to start a Grandma Slim Down! Lord knows we need to get the weight off so we can live long and be active with our grandbabies. I'll give that some thought.
    Have a good night all!
    Ginny
  • Ginny2bskinny
    Options
    Congrats on that 20 lb weight loss! Woot, go Gramma!
  • Ginny2bskinny
    Options
    IMG_3468_zps34431409.jpg

These are my visual reminders of where I am. I started with a 20 lb-short-term goal. Every time I lose a pound, I move a stone from the Pound to Go jar over to the Pounds Gone jar. Once I hit this goal I will dump the 20 stones back into the Pounds to Go Jar and work on my next 20 lbs. I have about 60 lbs total to lose, so this breaks out in smaller increments to keep my momentum.
    I'm at a rut right now and want so much to get these last two stones moved over. That will also get me out of the 200's!
    I've been on Prednisone/Steroids for the past month for my Eczema flare up and if you've ever had to take that med, you know how it can cause you to retain fluids and puff you out. I'm still logging my food intake and exercise every day; however, it's discouraging not to see any loss for the last couple of weeks.
    I'm focused on my consistency in logging my meals and exercising daily as my mark of ongoing success. At some point this med will be cleared from my system and I can finally get those last two stones out of the Pounds to Go jar. I hope this picture posted okay, it's quite complicate to do it.
    If anyone else out there would like to do this, it's cheap and easy. Just got the vases, stones and stick on letters from Michaels.
    It's been working for me and they are kept on my kitchen counter for all to see.
    I'm thankful for the support network here on MFP!