Realistic calorie burn estimates

Options
SarahFox1118
SarahFox1118 Posts: 21 Member
Hi everyone, I'm in my second week of TF prep schedule and I just started using MFP last week as well. I like how I can add in my TF workouts and specify the amount of calories I burn but I don't have a heart-rate monitor yet. So for now, does anyone else have some realistic estimates of the calorie burn for each class if I bring it really hard? I'm 5'9" and weigh 170 lbs, so anyone who's done the classes and is roughly close to my profile would probably be pretty close for a rough estimate. I just don't think I'm burning the 650 average per day that they say in the book, so I don't want to over-eat because I'm overestimating my calorie burn.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10, 169lbs.
    For the MAJORITY of the workouts, I'm burning the 650 calories.
    I'd say for the 30 minutes, I burn around 450.
    The longer 55 minutes, I burn around 750.
    the 45 minutes, definitely burning into the 600s.
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    It really varies, it depends on your age, weight, activity level everyone is different.....I tend to burn around 900 calories doing Turbofire 55, some other people burn around 600 calories. All these factors are taking into consideration and the intensity that you work out at. Get yourself a heartrate monitor, because you won't have accurate results going by what others burn.
  • SarahFox1118
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. That all really helps a lot. Yeah, I fully intend to invest in a HR monitor as soon as I get my next cheque. I just wanted to know if the 650 average listed in the book was realistic for a general estimate. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't eating way too many calories because I was only burning like 300 or something ridiculous. I try to push it pretty hard and I'm always completely covered in sweat and all flushed in the face when I'm done. I totally <3 the classes!

So for now (until I can get my HR monitor) I'll just stick with the 650 average.
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the input. That all really helps a lot. Yeah, I fully intend to invest in a HR monitor as soon as I get my next cheque. I just wanted to know if the 650 average listed in the book was realistic for a general estimate. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't eating way too many calories because I was only burning like 300 or something ridiculous. I try to push it pretty hard and I'm always completely covered in sweat and all flushed in the face when I'm done. I totally <3 the classes!

So for now (until I can get my HR monitor) I'll just stick with the 650 average.

Sweat is great, just make sure your drinking tons of water....it aids in your fat loss and muscle growth.
  • SarahFox1118
    Options
    Absolutely! I drink about 16 oz of water through out each workout, drink chocolate milk recovery drink immediately, then shower and refill another 16 oz of water to sip on afterwards. I'm usually drinking at least 64 oz per day minimum. My biggest trouble spot is food though, so that's why MFP is my best friend right now. It makes keeping track much more doable than carrying around a little notebook with me everywhere or trying to remember at the end of the day and then having to look up all the calories.