Older guys and young ladies

Options
Carl01
Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
I see often ladies in their 30s and 40s here mentioning that guys in their age group only are interested in young (20s) women.
Am I the only middle aged guy (47) that prefers ladies in my age range?

Replies

• lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lol
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    I see often ladies in their 30s and 40s here mentioning that guys in their age group only are interested in young (20s) women.
    Am I the only middle aged guy (47) that prefers ladies in my age range?

YES!

I find that guys in their 50s will go out with me but rarely anyone in their 40s. So I get to choose from 30s or 50s and the rare 27-year old. LOL

I think most guys in their 40s still think they are "all that" and they try to land a gal in their late 20s or early 30s. When guys get to 50 I think they have the same mindset but go for the girls in their late 30s. It's weird, but I see this A LOT!
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    YES! I'm 36 and on Match.com, I've had more interest from men in their 50s and yes, even 60s, than men my own age, so I'd say that was true. Since they're older than my parents, it kinda creeps me out sometimes though, haha!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I pretty much only get approached by guys in their 50's and 60's.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I think guys in their 40's that have a peter pan syndrome around 45 do go for younger women, but most guys your (our) age have kids in their 20's so feel a bit sick about going THAT young!

But then again, a lot of guys in their 20s like women in their 40's so who am I to complain!! :wink:
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Shellee, I am 46 and I would go out on a date with you in a heart beat!
  • Daisy_Cutter
    Daisy_Cutter Posts: 774
    Options
    Shellee, I am 46 and I would go out on a date with you in a heart beat!

LOL -- You're awesome! Thanks for making my day! :flowerforyou: Now stick around .....
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yes most guys around here that are my age - they want the tight little 20 yr olds.

Hard to find a guy to date around my age here - I have been approached by men old enough to be my parents (which creeps me out)
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options

But then again, a lot of guys in their 20s like women in their 40's so who am I to complain!! :wink:

True, but although they are fine for a fun date, I find they usually just don't have the emotional maturity to be an equal partner in a relationship. I already have 2 kids :happy::wink:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Yes most guys around here that are my age - they want the tight little 20 yr olds.

Hard to find a guy to date around my age here - I have been approached by men old enough to be my parents (which creeps me out)

That is the thing,to look at a 25 year old would make me feel creepy given I am old enough to be their fathers age.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I think it's true of men in general though now that I've thought about it (again a generalization). There was a man I was interested in who is 35 (I'm 36). He is interested in women 24-35....That is surprising to me though because women in their mid-20s are SO different than most men in their mid-30s. But, I get it....
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

True, but although they are fine for a fun date, I find they usually just don't have the emotional maturity to be an equal partner in a relationship. I already have 2 kids :happy::wink:

When push comes to shove, I think the same is true for old men and young women. It's maybe just a matter of more time before the guy realises it! :wink: That isnt to say that age gaps that big dont work, but yeah, I agree its more a short term thing :flowerforyou:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    yes. When I was online dating the men interested in me seemed to be 45-55.
    I am aiming for 35-40ish as I still would like to have kids. I think when I don't care about that anymore ie.I'm too old lol I'll open my dating range a bit..but probably 30-50 will still be what I'm looking at. I'm very active and want someone who isn't too stuck in his ways. Someone open minded and adventurous.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    In general I agree that it's usually older guys pursuing younger women.

For whatever reason though, I think I fall outside the norm (and have no idea why) because while there are outliers both younger and older, the majority of guys who contact me are 2-3 years younger than I am.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I always have younger guys/guys my age contacting me. However, I am only 27 and look younger than I am, so maybe that's it? I had to make a rule for myself to date guys over the age of 30, because I got into way too many crazy relationships with 22 year olds lol
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Guys my age will check me out, but it's usually the older guys who actually come over and hit on me.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I would say yes. It is difficult for women in their 40's because men in their 40's seem to want girls in their 20's. If we go younger though we are Cougars or MILF's. It is a hard age range to be in and single
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    As I have gotten older, I have developed a stronger preference for younger women.
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    As I have gotten older, I have developed a stronger preference for younger women.

Why? And what age range?
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

My experience has been the complete opposite. Any good stories to share?