Hi Everyone

Options

Replies

• bcckarynries
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm not even officially engaged but my boyfriend and I have been together over 3 years, we have been ring shopping and he got my moms original diamond and is doing a custom ring :) my boyfriend has already said he wants us to get married next summer so guess I better get a head start. Also I'm a kidney transplant donor for my uncle this October so I'm trying to take better care of my body so it's easier to bounce back. I already lost 15 lbs to get into a healthier weight range for the surgery. So I will be keeping you all up to date on everything going on.
  • tingtawn
    tingtawn Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies :)

My name is Tawni and I am getting married September 21st 2013 :) I am so very excited! I plan on going dress shopping soon and of course want to look my best! I've lost about 8 pounds since i was my heaviest and would like to lost about 20 to possibly 25 more before the wedding. Also looking to just tone up and be more healthy.

Happy to have joined this group, what a great way to stay in check and keep each other motivated!!

:)
  • meka2206
    meka2206 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!!

My name is Shimeka and I have been with MFP for over a year and so far in the past 5 months ive lost over 35lbs..i have my before and after pictures and realisticly to feel happy and comfortable i would like to lose another 30-40 lbs..i've gained 80lbs in the past 5 years and i say enough is enough!! good luck ladies..btw when is weigh in day??

wedding dat: april 27, 13
    goal: 35-40lbs
  • clcaughe
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

My name is Courtney and I have been on MFP for a little while but just in the last month or so started really using it. I was on Weight Watchers since January and we doing really well but then I hit a point where I wasn't losing any more weight and actually started gaining so I figured it was time to change it up and start counting calories! I love it! I'm actually enjoying hitting up the gym and working out with my fiance. I'm down about 16 lbs in the last month or so, I'm pretty happy with that and hope to keep losing more! I'm so happy to have all you ladies here for motivation and support!

mini goal: 50 Lbs by Christmas
    wedding goal: 100 lbs
    wedding date: July 27, 2013

17020254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Carmiel
    Carmiel Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

It's so motivating to be connected to other brides...I love it! my wedding is August 9, 2013, and I want to lose 10-12 more lbs. Good luck tou you all...WE can do it!
  • fsforever2012
    Options
    So I'm not a 2013 but getting married in Oct. of this year. Eeek! I have lost 11lbs and would like to lose 15 to 20 more but would be happy with just 10 before the wedding. Just had my dress alterations started so can't lose too much more. Plus FH keeps telling me I am running out of my bum. lol
    Good luck everyone!
  • jovie06
    jovie06 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello everyone, first and for most...Congrats to the new brides :)

I'm jovie and I am getting married on January 12, 2013 to my high school sweet heart. Yes, my day is very near and I have yet to lose a lot of weight! I hope I can get motivations, tips and advices from you all and I am happy to give back too :) I'm looking to loose at least 15 pounds before I get my dress...wish me luck

Please don't hesitate to add me as a friend, i am looking for as many inspiring friends as I can get :) good luck to all
    Btw does anyone know how long in advance I should get my dress and get it altered?
  • chissa710
    Options
    So I just tried my dress on the other day and realized that I have to lose around 4 inches... in my back! Does anyone have any good exercises for back toning?? I'm starting to freak out!!
  • kellacy
    kellacy Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations Everyone!

January 12th in Austin, Texas

4 MORE MONTHS!!! I've been engaged for almost 2 years now so this has been dragging out for way too long. :)

I have tons of health issues because of my diet or lack thereof so I joined not exactly to lose weight but to have a log and monitor what I eat and report it back to people.
  • LuciBry
    LuciBry Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Lucinda, the big day is May 10th, 2013 at the Luau Beach in Disney World. My goal is to go from a 24% body fat to 19%.

Congrats Ladies on your engagements!
  • BuzzyLizzy77
    BuzzyLizzy77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Can't believe that I am getting married next July, with 10 months to go I would love to lose 30lb. I am pretty focused on my diet and exercise but starting two night classes this week so that will be taking time away from exercise.
    We haven't booked anything yet as we are going from the UK to get married in Vegas then spending 3 weeks touring california, flights etc are still expensive so need to wait a few more months which is making me feel like were not organised enough!
    Anyway, its going to be dress buying time soon so I am focused on that :)

Congratulations to you all
    :flowerforyou:
  • Cyanid3
    Cyanid3 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My fiancé is currently deployed and will be home in time for the holidays (yay!). We are looking to elope on New Years or very early January.
    I just ordered my dress yesterday (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and would love to lose that last 10-15 lbs before he comes home and we marry!
    I want to look stunning for our day AND surprise him!
    :flowerforyou:
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! We are getting married May 3rd. I have already lost 39 pounds, I'm at 173 right now. I think I would like to try for 10 more pounds. If not pounds, get a couple inches off my arms and hips. I need to make sure I can keep the weight of through busy season. I am a public accountant, and sitting at this desk for 13 hours a day, it's hard not to snack. And the fiance doesn't exactly make the healthiest dinners in my absence. Let's hope for the best.
  • schula10
    schula10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Melissa-- and on top of planning a wedding in only 10 months, I really want to lose at least 50lbs by then! The big day is May 25, 2013... Here's hoping I can do it!!

My wedding is also May 25th, 2013!! I would like to lost 30 by then - I know I would be content at 20-25 but the goal is 30!! :) just need that push and motivation !!
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Brides!

I am Kerri and my wedding date is August 17, 2013. My fiance and I are both trying to lose weight and excercise more. So far I have lost around 5 lbs and that really motivated me. I want to buy a dress in March and be down about 30 lbs by then. Seems scary but losing the first 5 was easy enough. I want a low cut back on my wedding dress so I am doing lots of arm/back workouts using the Tone It Up girls website. I want the Allure 8961 dress and want to look stunning! I have started eating fish recently for the first time ever and love the lean protein and different ways to prepare it. Keeping track of calories is really easy now and kind of fun to compare with my sister/fiance and whatnot. Feel free to add me! YAY! We are all getting married!!
  • lan86
    Options
    I am getting married in 4 months (Jan 19, 2013)!!! Time to get serious about weight loss. I bought a dress that was a size too small and I've lost 13 pounds since then... so I am hoping to push myself to lose at least 15 more by the wedding.
  • KMRose1788
    KMRose1788 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I wonder if anyone else feels the same way I do... when I am working out and getting tired or really wanting to eat a snack that is unhealthy/would put me over my calorie budget I look at my engagement ring and it is like a really nice, but harsh kick in the butt to remind me what I am working towards. It is easy to be honest with myself and push myself with such a pretty reminder attached to me ALL DAY. The ring doesn't come off but the weight will. Good luck ladies, keep at it.
  • stephcthomas
    stephcthomas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, hopefully it is not too late to join.

I believe that I am getting married March 9th, 2013, we are still working out the arrangements for the venue. I recently found a place that is very nice and actually within my small budget. I didn't realize that you can save some money if you marry off season.

Anyhow, ideally I would like to be down around another 15 to 20 lbs by then. However, I'm currently working on a smaller goal of 10lbs. When I get to that goal I will access what my next goal will be.

The support would be great! Please feel free to add me as a friends on here.
  • szimba
    szimba Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!

My names Sam and I'll be getting married on 10/19/2013 to my best friend. He left on 9/16/12 and will be away for the next 6 months at the State Police Academy, so there's some extra motivation for my to get fit because he's going to come back ripped! haha Any ways I'm super excited to join this group for that extra push and support to get fit for my wedding!!

Oh, and I really want to feel good about my self so I can do a bridal boudoir shot for my future hubby, is anyone else doing one??
  • her4g63
    her4g63 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

My name is Samantha and I'm getting married on Saturday, May 4th, 2013 (: Can't believe how fast time is flying -- before I know it, the big day will be here!

I'm hoping to have lost an additional 8-13 lbs by the wedding date; ideally I want to be at 120-125lbs one month BEFORE the wedding. Big dreams, gotta have 'em!

Feel free to add me 'cause goodness knows I'm going to need the support! (: