RE: TOPIC: Hello, anyone else for 20 pounds?

Options
WillPowerYes
WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
So here it is, finally, the "group" for us to work together towards our 20 pounds losses. I was attempting to invite each of you who had responded to my original thread [TOPIC: Hello, anyone else for 20 pounds?], but it was getting to confusing, so instead I am posting to that thread, leading those who want to join in to HERE.

Please come on board by writing a short comment about yourself. The intent of this "group" is to be interactive, even if just to say hello, and to help each other be 20 pounds lighter as a goal.

We are the WE CAN gang, right!? :bigsmile:

Replies

• jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting up this group! Sounds like a perfect place for those of us down to the last 20 pounds, I'm looking forward to checking in with everyone!

So far I've lost 27 pounds, but have hit a pretty solid plateau with the last 22 pounds still to go! Looking for any and all ideas to help!
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for putting the group together!

I'm Susan. I will be 56 years old in a couple of days, and I came to the conclusion that my health was getting worse primarily due to the extra weight I have been carrying for the last 20+ years. I have diabetes, Hashimoto's hypothyroiidism, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and all the other issues that can come with beitng overweight. I have lost 32 pounds since October and still would like to loose between 15-20 more. I have seen my blood sugars return to almost normal, my energy levels increase, and even getting some of the feeling back in my feet that I began to lose about 5-6 years ago. I have had no UTI's since losing weight, which I think is because of the lower blood sugar. Here are my numbers so far:

Starting weight:183
    Starting MFP: 179
    Current weight: 148.4
    Goal weight: 135 (or maybe 130)

Good luck to all of us! :happy:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for creating the group!

I'm hoping to reach 50 pound loss by my 41st birthday on August 23.

It seemed the first 20 pounds were pretty easy, now the rest is a bit harder. It's taken me from around mid april to lose 5 pounds which i dont understand because i still am very overweight. I'm going to try eating at a true maintenance (taking into account all the workouts i do) for a few weeks to see if that will hlp shake things up a bit.

Good luck everyone!

I look forward o checking in and reading your updates
  • andyp79
    andyp79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up.

SW - 195
    CW - 179
    GW - 160

I lost the first 16lb fairly easily but then I broke into the 170s and stuck :( I have been gaining and losing the same 2lb now since March. I tried upping my calories having read all about the idea of eating more to weigh less. I haven't gained anything but haven't managed to lose any more either - at least I get to eat more food though :) I have upped my exercise in the last week or so but still no shift in the scale. I've had a really tough day at work today so have eaten far too much of all the wrong things as comfort today, but tomorrow I will be back on track and keep plugging away. Eventually it has to shift. I was hoping to be at goal by the end of July but the longer this goes on, the later I expect to get there - I'm now hoping to be at goal by the beginning of September.
  • WillPowerYes
    Options
    Welcome everyone! Thanks for joining in, as a group we can get to know each other a bit and let the friendship help us along.

I have gained and lost the same 15 pounds numerous times since I turned 50ish. This is the first time that I got over 150 pounds in my life (except while pregnant). I know it is from stress, I have a seriously ill family member. Eating yummy foods are pleasurable, and I allowed myself those pleasure moments to compensate for the hard stuff going on. But when I got to over 150 (152 to be exact), I freaked. Now I am working on getting back down to a normal weight. I don't like going into a doctor's office for some routine thing and then being embarrassed about what the scale shows. :(

Sooooo, here I am, with you all, knowing that WE CAN DO IT! :)
  • WillPowerYes
    Options
    Hi all. Checking back in to see how you are, and what has been happening the last day regarding your road to a healthier weight? I have dropped another pound, but I know that I'll now go up and down and up and down for a few days until that pound stays off for good. It is weird how for each pound I lose, it fluctuates up & down before dropping down to the next lower pound. Then that cycle repeats itself again.

But, I keep in mind that there is water weight, etc, that is going on daily. And that I can lose these extra pounds of fat. :)

My current favorite late night snack is a Quaker Carmel Rice Cake, and sugar free flavored coffee or hot tea. Yummy, slightly sweet, crunchy, chewy, satisfying for few calories.

Yours?
  • WillPowerYes
    Options
    Pretty lonely around here, if it stays this slow I think I'll close up this shop.

Anyone?
  • WillPowerYes
    Options
    This group is an idea that's time has not come. Here's hoping that we each keep working towards our goals, and have success! Adios to this idea of a group, Shop Closed.

Be well all! :smile:
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    so far since i've joined i've dropped about 9 pounds.

i had some financial issues and couldnt grocery shop so had to get creative and eat what i had in my cupboards and freezer :laugh: needless to say it was alot of carbs (bread, pasta, rice). so i think the change in diet helped shake me out of a slow down.

now i'm feeling like reaching 50 pounds by august 23 is possible. it's just 14 pounds, which is doable
  • andyp79
    Options
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That feels better :)
    I still cannot shift anything. I have upped my exercise in the hope that I will lose inches if not pounds but nothing seems to be moving yet :( I am beyond frustrated. A busy and stressful week has not helped me. I have recently found out I was allergic to chocolate and I thought that would help but no - it certainly hasn't helped my mood!
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That feels better :)
    I still cannot shift anything. I have upped my exercise in the hope that I will lose inches if not pounds but nothing seems to be moving yet :( I am beyond frustrated. A busy and stressful week has not helped me. I have recently found out I was allergic to chocolate and I thought that would help but no - it certainly hasn't helped my mood!
    noooooooo allergic to chocolate?! i'm sorry to hear that :mad:

until i had my surprise scale loss, what i was going to try was eating at maintenance for a week or 2 then going back eating below my TDEE but still above my BMR. I've heard from people that seems to work
  • andyp79
    Options

until i had my surprise scale loss, what i was going to try was eating at maintenance for a week or 2 then going back eating below my TDEE but still above my BMR. I've heard from people that seems to work

I'm just going to stick with the upped exercise and making sure I eat back enough calories to be above my BMR for the next couple of wees. I am then going away visiting family for 4 weeks. I won't be in complete control of what I eat so it will be a real test. I'm guessing I'll be eating at about maintenance for some of that - my main aim is not to go above maintenance!! Hopefully whe I get back, it should have given my body enough of a change/ break to kick start it again.
  • meshashesha2012
    Options

I'm just going to stick with the upped exercise and making sure I eat back enough calories to be above my BMR for the next couple of wees. I am then going away visiting family for 4 weeks. I won't be in complete control of what I eat so it will be a real test. I'm guessing I'll be eating at about maintenance for some of that - my main aim is not to go above maintenance!! Hopefully whe I get back, it should have given my body enough of a change/ break to kick start it again.

that sounds like a plan. i think i'm going to start schedule in a diet break every 3 months or so.

i know i'm not really on a diet, but in general i'm always thinking about how to combine my meals so that i get my macros in. that gets annoying after awhile because sometimes i get obsessive about certain foods and i just want to eat that for a day . sometimes i just want to eat a huge plate of fruit and that's it or a huge hunk of turkey breast wrapped in havarti :laugh: i need to schedule in a week where i can do that but still of course be eating around maintenance or below
  • andyp79
    Options
    I've lost 2lb in the last 2 weeks! I think it might be finally shifting again! I just hope I keep it moving this week :)
  • WillPowerYes
    Options
    Huh, don't tell me there is actually some continued interest here? I'd given up on this group.... but maybe it's time has come?
  • WillPowerYes
    Options
    I've made it half way to the 20 pounds ..... 10 pounds are now vanished! I CAN FIT IN MY SUMMER SHORTS!! AND SUMMER IS NOT EVEN OVER YET!!!

If I keep this up, I'll be into my fall capri pants before fall arrives!! How great will THAT BE??!!! smiley-dance003.gif
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    I've made it half way to the 20 pounds ..... 10 pounds are now vanished! I CAN FIT IN MY SUMMER SHORTS!! AND SUMMER IS NOT EVEN OVER YET!!!

If I keep this up, I'll be into my fall capri pants before fall arrives!! How great will THAT BE??!!! smiley-dance003.gif
    congrats!!!
  • WillPowerYes
    Options
    Thank you meshashesha20 ! One more pound an I'll meet my mini-goal of being into the 130's in time for vacation! :) How are you doing? And andyp79m, how about you?
  • meshashesha2012
    Options
    not doing so well here. life ha been very stressful for me and i've somehow (definitely not been eating TDEE+3500 calories) regained 6 pounds that i had lost :cry: it;s probably just water weight, but in any case i seriously doubt i'll make it to my 45 pound weight loss goal by the end of august