Post Op Day 9

Options
spfldpam
spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
I had sleeve surgery June 11th and got out of the hospital June 15. Took longer to get out due to havin hital hernia fixed when they got in there and it was harder to get liquids down and they kept my on clear liquids till June 18. I get 1 oz of protein shake and 7 oz of clear liquids and hour. I have done good about getting my liquids in. 64-80 or more oz a day and even 100 oz one day. I had a non related issue with my right should being in severe pain and spent 8 1/2 hours in the ER Sunday and basically walked out of the ER 8 1/2 hours in the same severe pain as I walked in but saw and orthopedic dr on Tuesday and he said it was something to do with rotator cuff and gave me a cortisone shot in my shoulder and it's a little better. At least I am not taking 2 vicadones every 4 hours around the clock like I was Sat till yesterday. Saw the surgeon on Monday and I am doing good that is when they started me on the protein and Celebrate bariatric vitamins on Tuesday. I see surgeon again on Friday of this week. Not alot of problems with the sleeve surgery. I was out thrift shopping on Sat. for 2 hours! If I could just get rid of the shoulder pain and issue!!!
I've lost the weight you gain due to surgery and have lost another 7.7 pounds since Monday! YEAH!!

15515380.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Obreezes
    Obreezes Posts: 35
    Options
    Congrats on your surgery! Sorry your recuperating hasn't been great because of your shoulder, but it's only up from here, right? :)
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Shoulder is better some but today it's really bothering me. I go back to work tommorrow working 1/2 days 8am to Noon and then the following week back to full time. I get to start soft protein foods tommorrow like cottage cheese, egg/egg sub, diced chicken, tuna. Looking forward to being able to chew my meals instead of drinking them!