having a craptastic day!

Options
rchambers2072
rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
So I just listened in on my daughters treatment team. She is in a residential facility about 2 hours away from me. And I have no transportation, or money for gas even if I had a car. The man from Medicaid totally just implied that I did not care about Christal because I don't come to see her often enough and don't bring her home for visits. Just sat here and cried for an hour trying to figure out where to find $100 and a car to drive up there to pick her up for an overnight visit. OMG I hate being poor and having Medicaid. People just really think they can treat you any kind of way just because you are not wealthy. I am single mom on disability with 2 special needs kids. I am doing the best I flipping can! My son refused his meds Monday night and Tuesday morning. By Tuesday night, he was all worked up and near tears over heaven knows what. I again tried to get him to take his pills, and he refused. I ended up calling the police to make him take them, and he tried refusing for them too!

I need a flipping break here!!!

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry. Is there no one, no friends or family that can help you get up there for a visit? Have you called her doctor up there to explain the situation and why your not there? have you talked to the man from medicad? Here, Medicad will transport the patient where they need to go if you give them a day's notice, im not sure if your medicad will do that so she can come home for visits.

I dont have a lot of advice but i feel for you. Big hugs from here. You're your childs best advocate, even if you have to draw on your inner *itch to get your point across. Hang in there. We're here for you.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hang in there honey, brighter days are in your future. You are doing the best you can and that is all that matters.......
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you were treated that way. You deserve far better than that and my heart goes out to you and your children. You're in my prayers. :heart:
  • Dumbell_Diva
    Dumbell_Diva Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I really feel for you here, Im also a single Mum, I have 3 children and get patronised too, 5 yrs ago I was married with my own business and peoples attitudes changed once hubby left and I became a single parent. Really bad that they are doing that, youre a person in your own right, a good mum and your coping as best you can. Have you explored all options? Is there a way medicaid can fund transportation? Keep your chin up, youre doing a fantastic job with no support at all, hey that makes you better than them!!!