Nice Dresses

Options
pkiesch
pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
Hi beautiful tall ladies!

I am just curious as to wear y'all buy dresses. I am in search of a dress to wear to my boss' daughter's wedding. I have no trouble fitting into dresses anymore but finding one that isn't so short I look like a hoochie is difficult! The wedding is at a Catholic church, which is why I really need one that gets as close to my knees as possible. I buy dresses for work from Old Navy online since they have tall lengths but they are not formal enough.

I'll take any suggestions!

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I have a 36in inseam and this year dresses actually seem too long for me from the waist to the knee. My torse is average at best, but my legs make me 5'11. I really don't think you'll have problems. Macy's & JCPenneys are always good places to find nice dresses. I know this because I am looking for one to wear to a wedding (Catholic as well) Labor Day weekend. I'm having a hard time finding exactly what I want, but the length doesn't seem to be a concern.

Good luck! Enjoy the wedding.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Hi beautiful tall ladies!

I am just curious as to wear y'all buy dresses. I am in search of a dress to wear to my boss' daughter's wedding. I have no trouble fitting into dresses anymore but finding one that isn't so short I look like a hoochie is difficult! The wedding is at a Catholic church, which is why I really need one that gets as close to my knees as possible. I buy dresses for work from Old Navy online since they have tall lengths but they are not formal enough.

I'll take any suggestions!

Hi stranger!! ;)

I would second JCPenneys. I find the best dresses there and they do have lots that are a modest length, even for us Talls! I would also say NY and CO has some lovely dresses, and also TARGET has some great ones as well!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    JCPenney's!!!! They carry a line called "bisou bisou" that I'm obsessed with! They never wrinkle, fit me, and look good. Does it get any better?
  • Jenn152
    Jenn152 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i get tons at target (but most are cottony and not super formal) but i love new york and company too~

evidently i need to check out jcpenney! geesh~
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    90% of the dresses I own are from Old Navy. I just end up dressing them up with accessories for different events.
    Gotta second JCP!
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a BCBG outlet by my house and ADORE IT. Depending on the dresses some I have to have shortened to wear even with heels (take with grain of salt as I am 5'9" but STILL!)
  • pilarg18
    pilarg18 Posts: 25
    Options
    Anne Klein has dresses that hit at or below the knee and are appropriate for a church wedding. Some come with a belt which is cute but hits a little high if you leave it in the built in loops. Boden.com is a british clothing company that started a US website a few years ago with really cute, church-wedding-appropriate dresses and they come in tall sizes. I also like J Crew dresses and skirts (but not their bridesmaid line which is really short-waisted) which often come in tall sizes. Good luck!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of UK based websites/stores that also deliver internationally and have some lovely Tall dresses. They have a nice range of non frumpy styles whilst still being knee length (ie: 1940's style tea dresses, 1950's style swing dresses, elegant maxi dresses, pencil dresses etc....) Check them out!

http://www.next.co.uk/women/tall/dresses/5

and long tall sally:

http://www.longtallsally.com/