Duluth and Surrounding Area Flooding

Options
jetscreaminagain
jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
It makes me sad.

Anyone from up there? I hope you're ok. Though I suppose you wouldn't be on here if you were inundated. All the same. I'm thinking about you up there and hoping that you'll be ok. These pictures and videos are breaking my heart.

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I had to post on Minnesota Zoo's Facebook wall today in hopes they were offering assistance to Duluth Zoo with the displacement of their animals; they responded with a comment addressing it saying they were offering help. Sad to know some of the animals died in the flooding. :<
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The seals and the polar bears are at Como Park Zoo.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    My sister is at St. Scholastica and she works for the news station up there and sent me pictures. I couldn't believe it!! I'm really sad about the animals (I honestly didn't know Duluth had a zoo!) but I'm glad no one else was hurt considering the damage.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Duluth zoo is lovely! I wish they'd sign-post it better, as we've been there twice now and gotten lost around the side streets twice. Derp. I really did like the variety of animals as compared to the Minnesota Zoo or Como Zoo. And the bridge/waterfall area is really pretty for just taking a walk. Sadly, some of the pictures showed what is now a white-water torrent coming down from that waterfall. I hope they manage to clean/fix everything soon. Their volunteer positions for cleaning were snapped up REALLY quick!
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I live in Duluth......I wasn't personally affected by the flooding, but it was a very, very bad day.........and continues to cause problems. In fact, it's raining right now - the last thing we need.

GIVE to the Duluth Zoo, if you're able. That's the nicest and best thing you can do to help.........they are devastated by the loss of the petting-zoo animals, and the flooding took a horrible toll there.............really really sad.

http://lszoo.org/zoohappenings.html

The Zoo is being cleaned by AWESOME volunteers, and will be fine. Frikken PETA tried to file a lawsuit, saying that the animals had been 'abused' because zoo workers could not get them out - fukkers..................I hate them with a passion.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers - many are still struggling with loss of their homes, foundations, "stuff"............

Thanks so much!

Polly