Summer Slimdown 1st Daily Challenge for Friday June 22

Options
sherrirb
sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
This is a random daily challenge for Friday June 22.

If any of you are like me, as you gained weight you noticed that besides your midsection getting larger, your arms got thicker too. Many of you may have noticed the embarrassing jiggling of that flabby under-arm area whenever you wave. Or some of you, like me, don't wave at people anymore because of that embarrassing jiggling.

Well, this one is for you! This physical challenge will show you a good exercise that will help shrink that unsightly flabby fat under the arms, the Overhead Tricep Extension!

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
*****NOTE: I do encourage you to watch both videos so you get a clear understanding from the trainers how to do this properly. Start with a lower weights on this one as the reps will get to be increasingly difficult as you do them. If you think you can do it with 20lbs, do it with 10lbs instead, especially if you've never tried this exercise before.*****
:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Please note that there are 2 ways you can do this exercise. If you do not have any hand weights at your disposal, I recommend the 1 handed extension with a small canned good from your cupboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8FfgGwxa3U

If you do have hand weights available and/or you want to try this with a larger canned good (for more weight) you can try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRiJVZDpdL0

The goal for this challenge is 30 reps of this exercise. If you are doing one handed, that means 30 each arm.

Remember to post your feedback on the daily challenge; were you able to complete it? Seem easy? Difficult? Did you decide to do more reps?

Replies

• dlehman1123
    dlehman1123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did the challenge today, rather than tomorrow, and I used a triceps pull down rope at the gym, but the effect is still the same.
    I did 3 sets of 12 each for a total of 36, but could not handle the 20# weight. Had to switch to 15# for the weight.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Perhaps the 20# is something you can work up to.

I've started a few exercises at too high of a weight and although I get a little disappointed that I cant do all the reps at the higher weight, it gives me a little drive to push myself to get up to that weight.

Regardless, 15# is impressive! I dont think I could do it with 10# right now! Well done!!!
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I did mine this morning and I did the 30 each arm but I think that I need to use heavier weights. I think since I have been doing them, I need to increase the weights. So will do it again on Sunday with a bit more weights.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I did it!