we can do all things.....He will show us how...

loistryin
loistryin Posts: 70 Member
Good morning! My first week back on FP after a LONG time away was pretty easy,but this second week I am struggling. :frown: I have off work for the summer(teacher) and thought it would be a good time to try to get back on track. I was tempted to give up the past few days but have to decided not to!! I believe i can do all the things God wants me to do with his help. I think he wants me to lose weight and stop feeding my emotions. The Bible says with every temptation God provides a way out. So when I am tempted today I am going to ask Him to help me ffind that HEALTHY way out. :heart:

Phillipians 4: 13

I can do everything (that God wants me to do) through Christ, who gives me strength

1 Corinthians 10:13 (NLT)

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

Replies

• holdingsteady1120
    holdingsteady1120 Posts: 12 Member
    Great verse! I like what you said about asking God for a healthy way out of your temptation. I need this too! :smile:
  • janeeley68
    janeeley68 Posts: 40 Member
    If it helps, you might want to remember this..."You were made for more! You were made with a purpose and you don't want to do anything that would keep you from fulfilling that purpose." That saying has helped me a lot.
    Also this one - "I don't deserve what that (chocolate cake, doughnut, etc...) would do to me! I have worked too hard!"

Keep going, God is faithful to finish the good work He has started in you!
    Will pray for you to keep going.
    -Judi