Watery Thursday!!!!!! June 21!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
This challenge is is not just about weight loss but the SERIOUSNESS of health and safety....I don't care what you are doing DRINK WATER! Even water challenged folk like me need to drink in the weather we are having across the states this week! Yesterday in Maryland it was 97! Today to be 100...if you are at a bus stop, running, gardening, working, walking, watching a game DRINK WATER every hour! Heat stroke is not joke and folk think they can beat it! The EMTs every year have to save folk bc they take for granted the ;power of the sun and humidity. Wear a hate, loose light clothes, stay in shade and DRINK WATER!
By all means if you oriyour kids have asthma check the air quality!
My public service announcement! :D

Peace,
WW

Replies

• kimberly3555
    kimberly3555 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Very True! As much as we don't like it, Water is a MUST! I found this section in an article:

From the article: American Dietetic Association found that people who drank water before meals ate an average of 75 fewer calories at that meal. This may not seem like much, but if you ate 75 fewer calories at lunch and dinner for the next year, you could lose about 14½ pounds! In addition, being even 1 percent dehydrated can cause a significant drop in metabolism, which can also interfere with weight loss.

Happy Water Day,
    Kimberly
  • ShelbyKey
    ShelbyKey Posts: 1
    Options
    so far ive had two glasses of water today. :)
  • sweetleaf7
    sweetleaf7 Posts: 14
    Options
    Did my 8 glasses today.. maybe even more as hot as it is in this trailer..