Checking in 6/21

Options
MandaLee8908
MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
This board isn't very active, so i just wanted to give everyone a shout out! How are we all doing?

AFM, I am still fighting the battle of the bulge, but I think my doc and I may have found the culprit...my thyroid. I'm not on meds yet as my levels are still in normal range, but my TSH has been steadily rising for about 4 years and each year I become more and more symptomatic. The meds might be coming soon...until then I have to be pretty strict about what I eat.

My co-worker and I just made a pact to cut out fast/fried food (Subway doesn't count, of course). Personally, I'm trying to cut as much bread and pasta out of my diet as possible...only allowing them one meal a day this week. Next week, I'll restrict it to one meal every other day. I stay more satisfied, awake, and energetic this way. I'm not cutting out all carbs, just breads and pastas...still eating lots of fruit and adding in more veggies (though there are very few veggies I'll eat). I have also made some more realistic goals to reach so as not to be disappointed in my weight loss journey...weight loss has never some this slow for me, but my body is rejecting the idea of speeding it up.

Hope everyone is succeeding in their goals!!!

-M

Replies

• amybell68
    amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm here!! I have been MIA for about 3 months but I am back!! hope everyone is good!! :)
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Hey Amy! We missed you!
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im here!!! Just bought a fitbit with birthday money and a total gym for $40 from a garage sale!!!! Working on actually cooking at home instead of eating quick unhealthy crap. No red meat, just turkey, salmon and other fish. Lots of vegis on the grill. Still rocking our green smoothies that my kids LOVE!