The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor (Walking Dead 1)

Options
Has anyone read this? Just wondering if it's any good and worth ordering :smile:

oh, I found it on Amazon.co.uk

Replies

• Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I read it- borrowed it from the library, and I enjoyed it. Thought it was a great book, and I'm not much of a comic reader, but I will settle into a novel any day. ;)

ETA: you ARE talking about the novel, right?!
  • Gertie_Brinks
    Options
    I read it- borrowed it from the library, and I enjoyed it. Thought it was a great book, and I'm not much of a comic reader, but I will settle into a novel any day. ;)

ETA: you ARE talking about the novel, right?!

yes, the novel :wink:
  • Mina133842
    Options
    I enjoyed it. I haven't read any of the comics with the Governor in them yet- I only got the first 3 from the library, and they have like 9-12 waiting for me, but I'd like to go in order - just makes more sense - and they haven't had the others in yet....
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I've read the comics and I read the book. I enjoyed it very much! Its a cool backstory for the Governor!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering who the next character would be about. I thought they might stick with other characters from the graphic novels, but I don't recognize that name.
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I'm assuming the next book in the series will go into the evolution of Woodbury and how it became what it did. I was really hoping the next one would be able Michonne. Lilly is in the comic book but I won't mention how in case there is someone who hasn't read them and doesn't want to see the spoilers. Her character does do something pretty major in the story line.
  • josho655321
    josho655321 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Been awhile since I've been on, Ana, love the hair cut on that new pic.

however I feel the AMC story arc might change from the comics. obviously the last season they changed a few things up, so I wouldn't assume what will happen in the next season of walking dead. We all may be shocked.
  • joelabro
    joelabro Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Didn't realize that woman in the comic was named Lilly. That makes me want to check out the novel now to read her backstory.
  • reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

however I feel the AMC story arc might change from the comics. obviously the last season they changed a few things up, so I wouldn't assume what will happen in the next season of walking dead. We all may be shocked.

ditto to this!! and loving that hair!
  • trinaesguerra
    trinaesguerra Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It's AWESOME.. but it's very dark. :) great read though
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options

ditto to this!! and loving that hair!

Thanks guys!! I would have said thank you earlier but I haven't checked this topic in a while.

Looks like Road to Woodbury is available for pre-order. It's set to be released on October 16. Amazon has the cheapest price I've found.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Walking-Dead-Road-Woodbury/dp/0312547749/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348693397&sr=8-1&keywords=road+to+woodbury
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Book is awesome but cutting in to my gym time, fortunately I'll finish on my train ride home, so I can go to bed early enough to hit the gym at 4:30am tomorrow. :ohwell:

I just pre-ordered The Road to Woodbury for my Kindle. :bigsmile:
  • Mina133842
    Options
    Just finished the book Road to Woodbury- hubs got it for me for Christmas - it was a great read- hard to put down- but I'd recommend reading the first book -Rise of the Governor first..
  • AnaNotBanana
    Options
    I got Road to Woodbury for Christmas also. I haven't had a chance to get into it though. I'm trying to get through the Rot & Ruin series first.