People who "think" they are supportive

Options
Hello everyone! I am a frustrated tonight..a month ago I joined our local family fitness center..I have been going 6 days a week. Every other day I do strength and cardio every day..first I heard..don't you think you are over doing it..then i get good job,then the one day I don't go I get well you had plenty of time..but you chose something else then great job . And other small comments here and there..Thank goodness I am doing this for me and no one else. I would have stopped as soon as I started...geesh.. My question is..does anything think it is because people are afraid of change..I have always put my family 1st and myself second..now I am putting myself with my family..I just wonder if the change is what worries some people..I am getting more self confidence with every passing week and some me time..no one but me..and I'm finding me again..not just Kristina the mommy or Kristina the wife..but me. Somewhere along the road of being the mom/ wife I myself got put aside..( by me..I did that) got so into taking care of my family and being a great mom and wife that that in itself was my top priority.I am not complaining at all...I love my family...I am sure there are other moms and dads that can relate..does it make sense that people get used to being the top priority that they almost tderail you with out even thinking about it??? Other thoughts and comments would be great!! Thanks.

Replies

• AishaL1
    AishaL1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think it's hard to say what people are really feeling or thinking about when you decide to do something new.

We all want positive feedback and encouragement, but people display these things differently.

I've learned to voice any concerns directly but tactful. A lot of times it's miscommunication.

My husband in the beginning didn't say a word when I gained weight after having our son, or when I started going to the gym, and it was discouraging at times, but I soon realized that he was being supportive in his own way. He watched the baby in the morning, even when he worked late...that was his way of showing me support. There were times when he didn't get a lot of sleep, but got up with the baby anyway, and never complained.

He is now eating better. It just takes time for some people to adjust to change, but the best part is that you're getting fit for you.

I wish you the Best of Luck.