exercise, any good plans

Options
msstuard
msstuard Posts: 131 Member
Hi, I've lost (counting time before joining this site) over a hundred pound in a year and a half. I'm about 25 pounds away from my goal. I would like to use this challenge to reinvigorate my efforts. I'm having trouble finding a workout plan that catches my eye. So far my exercise is walking, some jogging, and a little swimming.

Replies

• TigerEyes100413
    Options
    I was in a bad car accident 6 years ago and find working out to be a challenge for me, but swimming along with small portion sizes and healthy meal choices seems to be great for me! I love swimming because I feel it works more than just one section of your body and doesn't exactly feel like a work out. A few other things I find fun and rewarding are aerobic routines (look for Zumba on YouTube), or yoga ball routines. If you already walk, you can take music, a friend, or a dog along with you so it doesn't feel so much that you are alone. I walk with my pup (an 8 month old Chocolate Lab) and some music, and sometimes I find myself walking to the beat of the songs and they both help pass the time more quickly.

I hope these ideas help you some and good luck to you!
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I do take along music, It must be nice with your dog. I hear about things like P90 and insanity training but don't think I want to spend money on a plan and than not use it. I definitely need to increase activity to make my goal by the end of summer. Now my work day picks up during summer months so I don't have a lot of time, and walking takes a long time to get a good work out. Trying to run a little but knees are not in the best of shape.