Newb :)

Options
Rays_Wife
Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
Hello ladies!

My husband and I are starting Stronglifts 5x5 sometime next week. We have ditched our gym because it has no power cage (only a Smith) and are in the process of building our own small home gym. We have ordered a power cage and an Olympic weight set (300 pounds) to get us started. We already have a bench.

I am no stranger to strength training, I've been doing it for 6 months now but nothing as intense as Stronglifts. I dabbled in NROL4W but didn't like the program. Too many tedious exercises and confusing workouts. I felt like I was running all over the gym and most of the time couldn't do things in the right order because equipment was being occupied. I just want a no nonsense compound lifting program that will get me results. So I'm in!!!! I can't wait to get our equipment set up so I can start LIFTING! :D

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I would love to have space for a power cage at home. I suppose we could just set it up in the living room. :tongue:

Welcome to the group!
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! True you could put it in your livingroom, personally I think that would be awesome to see, lol! We actually have our weight bench, dumbells and punching bag in our livingroom at the moment :bigsmile: People come over and think it's weird but we don't care! We are fitness junkies hahaa. That will all be moving to our spare room though upstairs along with the cage and weight set. I can't wait!!
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just started last week :)
  • Rays_Wife
    Options

Ooooh really? Awesome!! How are you liking it so far?
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    It sounds like this is a really good fit for you then, welcome to the pain. I mean fun. No wait, pain.
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    It sounds like this is a really good fit for you then, welcome to the pain. I mean fun. No wait, pain.

I can't wait :laugh: I guess I won't be laughing soon. :frown: lol
  • madisons_mummy
    madisons_mummy Posts: 169 Member
    Options

Ooooh really? Awesome!! How are you liking it so far?

Its great. I've just been increasing as I feel is right. Other wise I think I would stall? It gets heavy fast lol
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi nice to meet everyone. :)

Hubby and I start on Mon! Yes really excited!!!
  • Rays_Wife
    Options
    Hi nice to meet everyone. :)

Hubby and I start on Mon! Yes really excited!!!

It's so awesome you joined up with us here!! Nice to have you. There is a lot of good information in the top sticky if you have any questions. The ladies here doing this program are great, if you ever have a question someone can definitely help you. I've learned so much already and I haven't even started yet! I've been doing strength training for 6 months now but never "heavy lifting" like SL.

If you take a look at past threads, there is a lot of good information there. Most of my questions were answered by just looking around at past topics.