I am Ready to Feel Good about Myself!!

Options
Hello,

I am a 25 year old female from Texas. I used to be thin and lean, but after my two children ... Not so much anymore.
I put on approximately 80 pounds with each and kept it on. I was not motivated to lose it at all. I continued to binge during the day and eat late at night.. Not good for weight loss.

Needless to say, I am completely motivated to lose weight and feel better. I want to lose 80lbs total, but in 20lb increments. I know by joining a group like this that i can do it.

Replies

• ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I also use to be thin and fit ( I was a qualified aerobics instructor) in a different life. I have gained 90 -100 over the last 10 years. I have lost some and put some back on. I am now determind to lose the weight for good and get back to being fit.
    It's a very good idea to do it in 20lb increments as to put the total as my goal seems a life time away and unachieveable.
    At the end of this 8 week challenge I want to be into my 2nd 20lb increment.
    Looking forward to the challenge.
  • hausfrau30
    hausfrau30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just like both of you, I used to fit and lean. After 3 children and stress of moving from Texas to Missouri I put on about 80 lbs over the course of 20 years. I'd lose some and then regain it plus more. I was diagnosed with fatty liver disease 3 years ago and I'm at high risk for diabetes. The only factor I have control over is my weight. So, I'm ready to get serious!

I have to set smaller goals for myself. Even 20lbs seems too far out of reach at times. So, I'm focusing on 5 lbs at a time.

WE CAN DO IT!