On the Road to Recovery

Options
MCunliffe
MCunliffe Posts: 29 Member
So I am now a few days out of the hospital. I have been eating protein shakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I also have 1/4 cup of plain non-fat yogurt once a day. The yogurt is great, but I am so sick of the protein shakes. I keep buying different ones to see if that helps but it doesn't. I am so looking forward to when I can start eating solid foods well at least puréed foods. I think the only down sides right now are the less than natural bowel movements and the pain I have on the sides of my abdomen.

Replies

• GastricJoy
    GastricJoy Posts: 17
    Options
    Welcome to the "LOSERS BENCH".

My first two weeks were hard but it got better. Just take your time getting yourself back in motion. I am now three weeks out and the purred phase was wonderful and could stay there forever.

Take you time eating. You may think you are hungry but you are not its just the fat girl inside of you. You dont want to start hurting and it all comes back up.
  • MCunliffe
    MCunliffe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. So far so good. I have started having tuna and chicken salad for so variety and I am taking it very slowly. I am in the process of transitioning to stage 4 the ground and pureed foods. I am having trouble finding fat free mayo so I am using plain nonfat yogurt to mix with the canned tuna. I usually shop at Hannafords. Do you know where to find Fat free mayo? I live in NH.
  • CHC94
    CHC94 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. So far so good. I have started having tuna and chicken salad for so variety and I am taking it very slowly. I am in the process of transitioning to stage 4 the ground and pureed foods. I am having trouble finding fat free mayo so I am using plain nonfat yogurt to mix with the canned tuna. I usually shop at Hannafords. Do you know where to find Fat free mayo? I live in NH.

I found this when I searched Google: http://www.shopfoodex.com/kraft-free-mayo-p-26350.html

I don't know if you have found it or not, since it's been over a year since this post, but it can only help. :-)