Adjusting goals/calories

Options
roro73
roro73 Posts: 153 Member
I have been told that the best option for calorie count while pregnant is setting your goal to maintain during your first trimester then to gain 1/2lb during your 2nd & 3rd trimester. My question: Do you adjust your goal as you gain weight or just leave it the same or does it auto adjust when you "check in" with your most recent weight? It already feels like I'm allotted enough calories and really want to be careful not to gain too much with this one (I gained over 50 lbs with my other two many, many years ago). What do you guys do as far as setting your calories?

Replies

• ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't think it auto-adjusts based on your current weight. I've always had to go into goals to get it to change the daily calorie numbers.

I have mine set to gain 1/2 pound per week since I am now in the second trimester, and I think I will re-adjust every 5 pounds or so. I didn't count my calories during the first trimester, and I'm paying for it with a 10 pound gain already!
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same as well. I had my initial weight on there and maintenance set. Then when I changed the settings to gain a 1/2 lb I updated my weight. I updated my weight when I hit third tri as well and have left it since even though i'm 10 lbs heavier now. It feels like I get a lot of calories and i"m not restricting myself if i'm still hungry.....I'm just refusing to up my weight again as I'm in denial :sad: Regardless it's just good practice to log your food and get a good sense of if you're getting enough of the good stuff.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! Yea, logging is key. I haven't been since I found out. I was reading a book before I found out I'm pregnant called "Eat What you Love, Love What you Eat". I really wanted to be able to eat that way and just completely listen to my body for hunger cues and feed it what it wants and not have to count calories, carbs etc.. Unfortunately my body always wants ice cream and fast food...lol. I'm up 6lbs at 9w4d. Not terrible, but being as heavy as I was to begin with I'm not a happy camper. Time to start tracking. I have plenty of calories so I should be ok and am going to try not to stress about it.