hi i am new

Options
hi my name is Ashley. I am 25 years old. I am a mom of 2 girls who are 8 and 4. I am a hair stylist and currently work in a specialty salon for kids. i am in my second week of insanity and before that i was doing zumba. man i am sore in places i didn't know you could be but i am getting a great work out even though i have to take more breaks than them. any ideas on a good protein based meal replacement other than shakeology as its way out of my budget. and i am also having a hard time following the food guide due to my extremely busy life and have no way to really cook at work. any ideas other than the protein shakes for my lunch and fresh fruits and veggies for snacks would be great.

Replies

• jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    One thing I like doing is greek yogurt with a scoop of my protein shake. You pretty much get double the protein and it takes like chocolate mouse (plan greek yogurt and chocolate whey protein). Great stuff. I've even taken Greek Yogurt put in 1/2 a package of Hidden Valley Ranch powder into a cup of yogurt and used that as my veggie dip. Great stuff!
  • Super_Dave_32
    Options
    I've done a smoothie for lunch in the past with a cup of skim milk, half a cup of Greek yogurt, a big handful of baby spinach, a scoop of protein powder, a tablespoon of peanut butter and a cup of frozen berries. It tastes good, will fill you up, doesn't have a ton of calories and is packed with nutrients. If you buy all the ingredients in bulk, it isn't that expensive per serving.