Hello fellow surfers

Options
Hey I'm Danny from the UK. I am looking to shed a bit of weight for the new surfing season here in the UK. I want to ride my 6'2 board without sinking it too much :P and hopefully go on tour and surf Africa. I thought having a place for fellow surf enthusiast to chat and make friends would help with the old diet thing... tell me about yourself.
Danny

Replies

• CAgirlMolly
    Options
    Hey :) I'm trying to get healthy so I can get in shape enough to tackle a surf trip I'm planning for next summer. Surfing Africa would be so amazing, I've always wanted to surf South Africa.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm an avid surfer living in Pismo Beach California. I've been on a massive weight loss kick since last August. I can float my board again :) Yes!!!!! lol
  • bjjsurfer
    bjjsurfer Posts: 15
    Options
    hi there, I am Randy, I have been surfing for the past 10 years and am trying to lose some weight to make nose riding easier. I have about 20-25 more pounds to go. We don't get that many powerful waves here on the east coast unless it is during a hurricane
  • Spudnut72
    Spudnut72 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Avid surfer and ocean ski paddler stuck living about an hour drive from the beach (Brisbane, Australia) due to work and family commitments. Lucky to get out on the board once or twice a week and the ski a couple of times. Due to a sedentary job with lots of corporate travel I put on weight and have been relying on the mal to get any waves. Recently bought a new fish and madly trying to get the last 10 kilos off so I can justify another international surf trip, maybe NZ or Sri Lanka. Happy to link up with fellow surfers and paddlers from around the world.

Prior to kids coming along have surfed in England, Wales, France, Spain, USA, Canada and Malta.
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Hey Spudnut,
    Like the name lol
    I'm a kiwi living in California. Have you surfed Taranaki? My home
  • Spudnut72
    Options
    No mate. NZ is the next trip - hopefully this Christmas. Will mostly be based around the Christchurch area. Travelled through Europe in the mid to late 90's with some Kiwi boys who I will be meeting up with again this trip. I will need to start practicing my beer drinking skills to keep up with them out of the water!
  • simonkurth
    Options
    Practice makes perfect mate lol
  • Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    All righty, I'm bumping this old thread on this old group to see if there are any active surfers remaining on this website.

I learned in college, and try to get out there at least once a month. Spent a year living and surfing in Hawaii, and I miss THAT every day. I longboard and use my little funboard (7'10" with a swallowtail and nice rocker) and I'm looking to get my own SUP in the near future.
  • Spudnut72
    Options
    Not a lot of activity on the group at times, but definitely keen to hear from other surfers on this forum. I live in Brisbane, Qld. On the coast but nearly an hour drive to the nearest surf beaches. I try and get out as much as possible but usually only average 3 or 4 times per month. Work, life and family seems to get in the way. Plus it is Outrigger Canoe racing season at the moment so lots of time spent training and or racing.
  • noellabella
    noellabella Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a surfer, I'm from the UK, but I live in San Francisco, where the waves are pretty intense, especially in the winter.

I'm really looking to improve my surfing, any fitness tips or specific exercises anyone has to offer would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!