Couch to 10k Welcome

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
Welcome to the Couch to 10k Challenge!

After hearing so many great things about this I thought I'd give it a go :)
I downloaded the free app to my iphone and plan on starting the challenge on Monday July 2nd 2012.
As we all know, it's so much more motivating when others are involved so....
WHO'S WITH ME??

Good Luck everyone! x

Replies

• SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Im in!!! haha I have no idea what it is but people seem to like it loL! Ill download the app later today! :D
  • EllenBe
    EllenBe Posts: 31
    Options
    Hiya! I'm in! I'm hoping to sign up for a 10K in september so this would be perfect! At the moment I run about 4k (5 at a push) but can't seem to get any further. What is the free app called? I couldn't seem to find it when I searched!
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    So the app is called couch to 5K? Is it only in iPhone and iPad or is there an Android version? I am currently tracking my runs using the app "Runtastic". Love that app :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Hahaha love your enthusiasm! Yeah I hear nothing but good things about it so can't wait to give it a whirl! x
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    There are lots of apps about for iPhone, Android etc, I downloaded the one by Zen labs called 10K Trainer because it was free, but I'm sure they are all pretty much the same! If you want to start with the Couch to 5k that's fine, I just figured I'd do Couch to 10k because there's a couple of 10k races I fancy doing! :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    Not heard of Runtastic, I'll check it out! I have a few running apps on my phone like mapmyrun, endomondo etc but not found my favourite yet x
  • alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'll join in.
    My goal is to run a half marathon by September 28th (my b-day)
  • BecomingElle
    BecomingElle Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've always wanted to be a runner and can't wait to start C210K in July :)

If I'm feeling super keen I'm going to run more than three times a week as well! hahaha
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    That's the spirit girls! Good Luck, and be sure to check in after your first run to let us all know how it was for you :) xx
  • alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ran 3.5 miles on the dreadmill this morning. Yay. It felt sooo good to run.
    I am going to run my half marathon in September. My goal is a 2 hour half marathon by my bday.
    We can all run. Lets get out there!
  • misao1994
    misao1994 Posts: 78
    Options
    I started couch to 5k about a month ago! It's so awesome.
  • beebee0925
    beebee0925 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I just finished the C25k program and I will be doing a 10k with some friends on September the 22nd. This group will help with that transition.
  • cizpiz
    cizpiz Posts: 1
    Options
    I did week 3 day 1 of C210K today, I confess it wasn't easy as it's the longest workout yet, but I feel great now! I think it's a brilliant app! Good luck with it everyone :D
  • cangel0
    Options
    Not sure this group is still going but I'll post just in case

I have started the C25k program multiple times. The furthest I got was 8 weeks and then fell off the wagon.

I want to lose 19 lbs and get in shape so here I am. I am getting onto a healthy diet starting today and starting Couch to 10k tomorrow. My program is a 13 week program, so I plan to find a 10k to register for sometime after December 4th.
  • Betsy29pink
    Betsy29pink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wanting to "UP" my running/endurance. I've run a few 5Ks in the past few years. Which app is best? It's been awhile since my last race (Oct 2012) so I'm looking to do a couch to 10k type program. Thanks!!