HELP! Just started P90X and need some help

Options
I have just started p90x and i am not sure how to log it into my fitness pal. Please help me!

Replies

• WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I log it into 'cardio' no matter if it is a Back & Legs day, or Kenpo day. I hate trying to log the reps etc.
    Your best bet is to get a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM) and log the calories burned.

When I first started, I was using the generic calorie burn that was in the MFP database, it was off by an average of 300-400 calories. (I burned MORE calories than what was in the database)

Since you are starting out, you may burn more or less depending on your height/weight/intensity.

Good Luck!
  • honestykay
    honestykay Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    There is a website p90xcalories.com that can help with the calories burned. I log each one seperatly into to cardio section!
  • harleigh67
    harleigh67 Posts: 131
    Options
    Ok so that you know which exercise you did that day go to add an exercise, in search field type in P90X legs& back click search, nothing comes up but if you look down under that it says CAN"T FIND WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR? click on blue letter that says add to database...... you can now type in title of dvd, pick (strength or cardio) the # of minutes, and calories burned ( this I suggest you get from your heart rate monitor because we each have a different intensity level and burn calories differently based on weight, and other factors........you may burn 600800 while I may burn 400-500 per work out!

from now on each different dvd shows up in your exercise favorites or if you enter it into search field and say you have to cut a day short you can enter time and calories come up auto for you....but if you find your burning more just change it....
    :happy: