Any weight loss for anyone?

Options
I've been doing the bar method for about a month now. I've noticed my clothes fit better and I generally feel stronger, but no shift in weight loss. I'm wondering if it's just muscle gain.
I also worried whether I was losing enough calories. A calorie counter watch is telling me I'm burning about 400 calories on average.

Replies

• hungryteresa
    hungryteresa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Bar Method for about 1.5 years and I just now bought a scale. I think initially your body does tone up (maybe build up more muscle) so your weight might not drop. I remember my friends telling me how toned I look. I do feel that after a year or so of doing it about 4x a week, I don't feel like my body is "changing" anymore. In the past two weeks (this is when I've started being serious about watching what I eat and not just working out), I've cut down my Bar Method to 3x a week with 3x of cardio. I think this workout regimen is better for my body so it doesn't get used to just doing Bar all the time. I also started taking Level 2 classes at Bar Method, which is faster paced and harder. I have dropped about 4 lbs in the last two weeks, but I really think it's due to my diet changes. I don't think Bar by itself is that powerful is making you drop the weight.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My weight was about the same after a year of bar but I sure looked better! I think you do build and shape muscle more than burn fat. I also do strength training and don't burn fat from that either. But after a few months of bar method my trainer asked me why my waist was smaller.

So now seriously addressing diet and adding more cardio work. The Level 2 class does burn more calories for me, and I think that's where I've started to notice more difference.