Sorry for TMI

Options
But has anyone noticed if the shakes give them gas?? I have been gassy and yesterday and today it is to the point it is giving me a tummy ache.

Sorry for tmi! :wink:

Replies

• Marne53
    Marne53 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I did in the very beginning, I started a few supplements at the same time. I also started eatting healy and broccoli, lettuce and many greens do it for me. It did not last long though. Hope you feel better soon. Marne
  • anahiprz
    anahiprz Posts: 9
    Options
    I've heard it has to do with your body getting adjusted to the high protein diet. It goes away after a couple of weeks.
  • Marne53
    Options
    Makes sense and yes mine went away...lol TMI right? Hope it is better for you soon. Marne
  • jennifergarceau
    jennifergarceau Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies...I started the 12th so my should be adjusting any time I'd think then.
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Gas and/or other bowel issues should pass within 2-3 weeks.. hang in there!
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You know, I had that same problem, but it lasted for a long time. Finally my coach told me that some people's digestion can't handle that much milk in one day, especially if you weren't drinking that much before you started the shakes. I'm not lactose intollerant - I eat cheese and yogurt and all that all the time - but switching from 1.5 cups of milk in my shakes to .75 cups of milk and .75 cups of soy (because soy is expensive, damnit!) really helped. Keep that in mind if you keep having troubles!
  • faband50ish
    Options
    2 things that might help with that 1) make one of your shakes using water and protein drink mix instead of milk and 2) start taking the supplement Aminogen-it helps your body process all the protein and get it to your muscles. I've been using the products since 2008 and these tricks have helped me. Good Luck!!
  • CeeJourney
    CeeJourney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh I've definitely noticed!!!!!!!!!! :explode: :laugh:
  • Marne53
    Options
    Too...funny. :laugh: :bigsmile: Marne