Currently a Weight Watchers Member

I am currently a weight watchers member since Oct 6, 2011. I started at 299.8 and currently weight 274.4
My husband is using myfitnesspal.com and has been doing so for 2 weeks now. On WW I am used to using a point system where as he is doing it by calorie intake. So far over two weeks my husband has lost 7.4 pounds and is liking the system. I wanted to try this way as well. I don't know which is better for me. I will still go to weight watchers for now, but want to try the calorie way.

Just a bit confused b/c I have been heavy all of my life. I did Atkins in 2005 and lost 100 pounds.. but put it all back on plus some. When I gave birth to my daughter 22 months ago, I weighed in at 328 pounds.. and she was only 6 lbs 13 oz.. so it wasn't all baby!

I just need help in finding the right system for me..

How do you like using the fitness pal?

Any ideas how to stay or get active? I own a treadmill.. I know how to eat the right foods, it is just trying to exercise. I don't get why I can't get my butt motivated to do so!!

Replies

• brigara
    brigara Posts: 10 Member
    I LOVE MFP. I am a lifetime member of WW. I lost 40lbs at WW in my early 20's (after college) and subsequently gained a ton of weight with children. I went back to WW and it was awful for me. I find MFP so much more practical for real life living. I hate the arbitrary number given to food at WW, it is hard to go shopping, the meetings are based on people complaining about what they can't have and how hard it is... I love it here. I love that I am using real numbers for food, calories, carbs, protein, sodium, all numbers that mean something to me. I can go shopping or to dinner and just really know what my food is in composition. The WW numbers made me kind of guess and unless I was in their system I was out of the loop... Then between when I "knew" WW and I went back they "restructured" and the points system just changed! Calories are going to be the same forever. I won't ever go back to WW. The $ I spent on WW I now pay for a 12 week 3X/wk women's strength training class at the YMCA with a fabulous trainer for 60.00 per 12 week session. Good bye WW! Hello MFP and YMCA!!

Good luck figuring out what is best for you.
  • FluffyBottom82
    FluffyBottom82 Posts: 14 Member
    I am on weight watchers too. I keep track of my points in my ww diary, as well as log all my food in here...I wanted to see how my calories actually stacked up because with the new points plus program we get "free" foods. I like the idea of the online support here, and its free...so thats a plus lol.