Week 1 Mini Challenge

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
Any ideas for Week 1's mini challenge? All suggestions considered, the most popular will be chosen Sunday, ready for us to tackle Monday morning!

Here's a few ideas so far....

*Burn 4000 calories
*Try a new workout

Any more?

Replies

• 33amanda85
    33amanda85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hmm,
    ~Do some form of exercise/workout 5 days out of the week for at least an hour a day.
    ~Bring your lunch to work every day and only drink water (that was my challenge for myself for the month of June..and I kicked its butt!!) ;)
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Oooh I like the sound of those!! Great suggestions :) x
  • NevaehsMommy2010
    Options
    I love all of those!! I also think an "eating right" challenge might be good...getting in at least 2 cups of veggies per day, 1 cup of fruit per day, etc.
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I vote calorie burning got to move it to loose it!!

How about burning your 4% aimed loss x 100 over 5 days in one week.

So mine is 7lbs so x100 = 700cal so over 1 week is 3500!! That's 1lb equivalent or

Skip the technicality an aim to burn 3500cals each week!! :-) ?!?
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How about a water challenge? Meeting your daily water intake for the entire week. That's a tough one for me!
  • deanna_rosenbaum
    Options
    I love all of those!! I also think an "eating right" challenge might be good...getting in at least 2 cups of veggies per day, 1 cup of fruit per day, etc.

Add the above poster's "water only" to this and this one's is going to be my personal challenge to myself regardless
  • holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love love loev the idea of mini challenges throught the month of July. My personal challenges are to eat no sugar and drink no caffiene. Of the challenges listed my favorite is the accountability for working out. I think that would be the one for me to keep my most honest with my progress.
  • grishnic
    grishnic Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I plan to exercise five days a week (I'm doing power 90), packing my lunch and snacks everyday and drinking only water and unsweetened tea. I hope I can make it!
  • Mizkatemay
    Mizkatemay Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Think my mini challange will be to walk at least 30 minutes per day, and strength train at lunch with any extra will just be I hope more motivation to continue.
  • scottkoz20
    scottkoz20 Posts: 18
    Options
    how about Net Calories under 1500 for 7 days (after food and exercise)
  • kbarto1
    kbarto1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES! Love, the water only idea. What a great way to kick off the month!
  • gg129
    gg129 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Does it have to be one thing each week? How about cut out soda and chips? With the 4th of July being in the 1st week of this the soda and chips will be harder to resist at the BBQ's.
  • illroc
    illroc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the challenge, I hope I got what it takes.
    How do you get that status bar on the bottom of your post?
  • loveskinny27
    loveskinny27 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to the challenge :-) anyone who wants support or is willing to give it and share the weight loss and fitness journey please feel free to add me as a friend!!

Good luck everyone

Jo :-)
  • sweetpea5445
    sweetpea5445 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How about eating 4-5 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

I know that's a hard one for me, but willing to try.
  • tabby391
    tabby391 Posts: 9
    Options
    Really like this idea. I currently work out every day for at least 30 min. But the weights not moving so maybe i need an hour.
  • shroseman
    shroseman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think a water challenge and a new activity challenge are good. Then we can add calorie challenges along the way.
  • angelamolto
    Options
    I think an exercise challenge because it will get us moving! Lots of us may already only drink water, eat healthy etc... but everyone can benefit and lose weight with the exercising :). I liked the 3500 calories/week challenge.
  • tridiv
    tridiv Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting (Stop - Eat - Stop) - Twice this week - Fast for 24 hours on any 2 days of the week

Workout for 6 days at least

Workout to include squats / push-ups and plank

Follow the paleo diet
  • thegaly89
    thegaly89 Posts: 2
    Options
    Since its going to be the start of july Challenge I suggest workout the whole 7 days ,
    Make space for atleast 45 mini of intensive exercise and I bet its will feel awsome by the end of the week I
    And no excuse not to exercise.