feeling lonely...

Options
CrystalDreams
CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
It seems that I eat when I'm lonely. Help me feel not so lonely? :happy: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I was feeling lonely as well. My family was here today to help me move but I had to stay behind until Monday due to work. I've decided to head out for the night. I put on Lady Gaga's Marry the Night and am getting dolled up as we speak.

Not sure if you're staying in.. if so, do something for you to keep your mind off of feeling lonely. In the meantime.. here are some flowers for you!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    So am I so I updated my POF account and unhid it. I will probably end up hiding it again in a week but I found out the guy from trampoline dodge ball decided to show up last week with another girl to flag football. Someone told me that last night since she was shocked to see it after he seemed so into me at the party and wasn't even talking to the other girl. Really I don't understand guys but I guess I might find out more information tomorrow at soft ball since the other girl is on my team. Well he is on my team too but I think he is out of town this week since he hasn't signed up to be there yet. The thing that gets me is I know the other girl has a boyfriend.

Edit: well I just checked and he is going to be there tomorrow.
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    I'm fighting the lonliness bug, too...

Guess that's why I'm here...

But don't eat. Just find something else to keep your mind occupied. Like browsing the message boards...
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Yup... Just browse the message boards. & drink some tea. I spend most of my weekends in and end up fighting boredom/loneliness. I make chamomile and put a little honey in it. It keeps your mouth busy and eventually will make you feel sleepy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your situation is, but here are things I do. I spend a lot of time independent so I know what's up.
    - DVR a lot of shows and try and catch up on them.
    - Netflix/Hulu
    - Work out
    - MFP message boards!
    - Take a drive somewhere neat if you can spare the money
    - Look up interesting topics on Wikipedia and then link from article to article. I learn a lot of random stuff that way.
    - Two favorite websites when I'm bored: glamour.com (tons of articles about everything!) and collegecandy.com, also collegefashion.net and collegehumor.com or reddit.com
    - Put on Pandora and dance around to random music
    - Go somewhere where people are, even if you're alone: to a movie, to a local bar and have a drink, etc.
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    always seem to be lonely on saturday night. i dont usually go out because i play racquetball at 8am on sundays
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    when i'm lonely, i lift weights while watching a movie on netflix :-)
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'll do anything to keep my hands busy. I'll do the same thing and start eating if I am alone and bored. If I am playign a game, or painting, or writing, or playing with my dog, or cleaning, I don't have nearly as many problems.
  • kansasbelle
    kansasbelle Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Feeling lonely too. I still haven't adjusted to being single after 10 years of marriage even though we have been apart over a year now. I also haven't acclimated to living out west after spending my life in the deep south. Eating will only make it worse. I went for a 4 mile walk it always gets me out of my pitty party. And now I am on MFP.
  • jsukhan
    jsukhan Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    As boring as my week-end night job can be at least it gets me out of the house.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I never had the issue of eating when I get lonely. My way of dealing with the loneliness was just sitting on my *kitten* infront of the computer or tv playing games 8-10 hrs a day everyday. Which translated to only having fast food for breakfast, snack, lunch, post lunch snack, dinner, post dinner snack. Oh and soda pop with ALL meals. Yeah that was 1 of many reasons contributing to my near 500# weight.

Now I focus on working out and being active. I'll go to my YMCA 4-5x a week, go outside and hit the trails here where I live, I'll even sneak in 30 mins while at work. Graveyard shift, working weekends, and it rarely being busy allows me that. I stay busy in that way so I don't dwell on being "forever alone".

Oh yes and MFP boards. I went through slight withdrawls the other night with MFP being down for a while.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Oh yes and MFP boards. I went through slight withdrawls the other night with MFP being down for a while.

Meeeeee tooooooooooo!! Wasn't it awful! :laugh:

OP - I think you should get the 50shades of grey trilogy. Apparently you quite enjoy being alone reading them :wink:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I think next time I feel lonely I'm going to take a cupcake, put a smiley face sticker on the frosting so it will have a friendly face, and have a long conversation with it. Makes more sense than eating it and hoping to be less lonely.

I hope I remember this post next time I want food because I'm lonely. Maybe I'll actually listen to myself. Okay, not to the point of actually conversing with a cupcake. I'm not that crazy...yet.