New to group

Hi! I'm just getting started and even before I have a really hard time eating 1200 calories a day! These shakes fill me up so I really don't want to eat much of anything. Will it harm my chances of losing weight when I eat less than 1200 calories in a day?

Replies

• chibma
    chibma Posts: 9
    It may put your body into starvation mode if you eat less than 1200 calories a day. Let me know how you are making out. Welcome to the group :)
  • hddeuce1966
    hddeuce1966 Posts: 104
    I have been on vi shakes for 48 days and have lost 30 lbs. I almost never eat 1200 calories. I do try to keep it over 1000. Until the last week or so I've been pushing myself to 1200. I don't really see a difference. I am pretty sure I'm not starving myself, or I wouldn't be losing so quickly. It does matter how much you have to lose. A morbidly obese person has enough reserves to keep them from starvation mode. Unless you are closer than 25 pounds from your goal I wouldn't worry about it.

My diary is public, you can look.
  • SW8689
    SW8689 Posts: 22
    So my shake fills me up, but I'm wondering, when you have two a day if it fills you up even more and helps you stay under the 1200. I have 10 lb to go and it's not coming off easy, very slow. I just had a great egg white omelette, and wondering if I should have two shakes for the rest of the day and see if that fills me, and just veggies?
  • SW8689
    SW8689 Posts: 22
    Sorry, I meant to start a new thread here...pleas ignore my post and I will start again..