Just proof..

Options
redraidergirl2009
redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
I'm excited! Two people I know are going to try out veganism because they know I recently became vegan! Though I recently became vegan a couple of months ago and started my journey it has been my belief that choosing a vegan diet and lifestyle is a very personal choice so I have not pushed anyone to convert, though I have told people about it who've asked and posted vegan things on my facebook...not horrifying pictures or anything, just shared some of the food I ate that was vegan in photos or some of the health benefits I have noticed and some info on influential vegans in the media. This completely goes against anyone with the 'pushy vegan' stereotype. I haven't pushed anyone to become vegan, but people have come to me asking about it. I pointed them in the direction of some reading material where they can learn more about veganism and let them know they can come to me for any questions. I knew that becoming vegan myself would make a difference in the world, but I didn't anticipate anyone else becoming interested in it because of me. :) just wanted to share. Has anyone else had anyone approach you that they were interested in becoming vegan?

Replies

• darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!

My mom has adopted veganism as a dietary choice and my dad has cut down on his meat consumption drastically! I'm very proud of both of them!
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've definitely gotten some positive questions about it from friends and I always focus discussion on how much better I feel, how easy it has been, and all the great cooking resources I have found. I've gotten several "I should try that" comments but I don't know of any that have given it a go for sure. Congrats on your positive influence with your friends!! Leading by example is the best way to dispel myths about veganism.
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am mostly vegan (I eat seafood sometimes), but my mom went nearly vegan and my dad cut down his milk and now loves almond milk. Friends and family have been supportive and ask a bunch of questions and most of them at least try to cut back on their dairy and meat.
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    that's the way to do it--manifest LOVE. even when i do tell people about scary realities of meat (only when they ask), i do so with a spirit of gentleness, always saying "this is why i have gone vegan...being vegan has improved my life and saves animals...i am happy to share vegan recipes, info, and food".

my boyfriend has gone lacto-ovo veg, my mom now often eats (and makes vegan food), my BFs parents (staunch meat eaters) have started boycotting circuses.

say less, do more. be a power of example. people will make changes when u radiate vegan love :)