Day 2 - Feeling Fruity!

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
As we're dotted all over the world and time zones vary I'll put tomorrow's mini goal up now so there's no excuse for missing it! :wink:

Day 2- Feeling Fruity!! :tongue:

Today's challenge is all about getting fruity....And remembering to have your 5-a-day! But to spice things up a little I thought we could play a little game....

You must suggest a fruit for the person above you to include today - this can be any fruit you can think of but don't forget some fruits might be a little harder to get hold of than others!

Then let us know which other four fruits and/or vegetables you will be eating to give us all some inspiration! These can be canned, frozen, 100% juice, dried....Be Inventive!

I have already pre-logged my FOUR for tomorrow, they are 1) pink lady apple 2) frozen spinach 3) blueberries 4) asparagus YUM!

Click on the link below for recipes/ portion sizes/the science bit!

http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/5ADAY/Pages/5ADAYhome.aspx

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    alright. i'm gonna start the suggestions because i may need to pick up whatever is suggested to me today, for tomorrow.

lottieloves85: dragonfruit!

they are really nice and have a mellow taste so it won't feel like you are eating too many sweets. if you are unsure of dragonfruits check out a picture on google, and if you don't have them at your grocery store try: plums :)
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    foxyforce: strawberries! YUM LOve them berries and they are full of antioxidants!
  • holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I need clarification. Is this challange for today or for tomorrow. If today I will be uncessful as all i have is 2 apples.
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    I need clarification. Is this challange for today or for tomorrow. If today I will be uncessful as all i have is 2 apples.

Sorry, it's for tomorrow! Tuesday July 3rd :)
  • lottieloves85
    Options
    alright. i'm gonna start the suggestions because i may need to pick up whatever is suggested to me today, for tomorrow.

lottieloves85: dragonfruit!

they are really nice and have a mellow taste so it won't feel like you are eating too many sweets. if you are unsure of dragonfruits check out a picture on google, and if you don't have them at your grocery store try: plums :)

Oooh they don't have these in my local store, will try to call in at the big supermarket on my way home, if not, plums it is!
  • RealSouthpaw
    Options
    Because nobody suggested anything for raqufern I'll do it: watermelon!
  • DaringAdventure
    DaringAdventure Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Watermelon is really good right now. Blackberries and strawberries were on sale. Sometimes the price dictates the fruit I choose. I've been grilling vegi's all summer. Cut up one yellow and one zuchinii, red onion, bell pepper, red potatoes; toss in olive oil and emerill seasoning and grill in a gill pan for about 15 minutes. Delicious!!!
  • raqufern
    Options
    Because nobody suggested anything for raqufern I'll do it: watermelon!

Thanks hun! Watermelon for me it is!
  • raqufern
    Options
    Watermelon is really good right now. Blackberries and strawberries were on sale. Sometimes the price dictates the fruit I choose. I've been grilling vegi's all summer. Cut up one yellow and one zuchinii, red onion, bell pepper, red potatoes; toss in olive oil and emerill seasoning and grill in a gill pan for about 15 minutes. Delicious!!!

sounds yummy!!!!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Realsouthpaw = Passion Fruit :-)
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Hestion=bananas. ;-)
  • JoyciaChanel
    Options
    Meljofield=Peaches
  • saun5870
    saun5870 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    JoyciaChanel: Blueberries!!! :]
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    for saun5870: fresh apricots (if none available go for kiwifruit)

You wanted to know what my 5 fruits and vegetables will be for tomorrow, but I figure I'll wait to tell that part until after I've been assigned a fruit!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hestion=bananas. ;-)

Ohhh thank you, love them, dont have any left, eat the last one yesterday, will get some more in the morning :-)
  • meljofield
    meljofield Posts: 79
    Options
    Meljofield=Peaches

You got it! I love peaches and hope to find some ripe ones.:)
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    devonette= mango :)

and if your store doesn't have any mangoes go for oranges
  • ang_stauff
    ang_stauff Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    kimbererin=watermelon

I had a cup today it was only 45 calories and it was delicious
  • shm1289
    shm1289 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    ang_stauff: asparagus

if you don't like/have that, go for broccoli!
  • epfox86
    epfox86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    shm1289: Cantaloupe. I just got one and it was delicious. :)