How Do You Stay Motivated? Help!

Options
seguess
seguess Posts: 36 Member
The last three weeks have been rough with travelling for work and a few injuries that have kept me from working out, which has led to other bad habits resurfacing, and next week we go on vacation. What are some strategies you've used to stay motivated? I've lost a total of 35 lbs and it's so easy to put it back on. I've worked so hard and now am floundering. Help!

Replies

• knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Do you have any pictures of you 35 pounds ago that you could carry around with you? I don't know about you but that would do it for me. Some days you just have to determine you will do it no matter what. Will you be able to access MFP while you are on vacation? You can always come here and we will cheer you on.
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    If I have to go somewhere I either keep healthy snacks like fruit and nuts with me, and some water. After a terrible holiday where as a strict vegetarian on a diet, i could hardly find anything to eat, I would also research beforehand where the nearest health food shops, places to buy vegetables and fruit are. Say to yourself that you are only going to eat the best salads on the menu, where ever you are (watch out for oil and fattening dressings though). Remember this is not temporary - it is a permanent lifestyle change, so you are laying the foundations for better, healthier eating habits. As for exercise, go for walks in your various travel destinations - explore the area. It will be both fun and exercise at the same time. it doesn't matter if you walk fast or slow - just keep moving.