Protein shake or protein bar?

Options
sweetpea7441
sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
Hi. I would like to increase my protein with some herbalife - which is best do you think? Protein shake or protein bar? I'm also looking at value for money.

Thanks. xxx

Replies

• kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    The shakes with the protein mix added in have 24 grams of protein. The bars have 12 grams. The shakes fill me up more but I add water and ice and blend them up in the blender. The bars are great if I'm on the go, etc.

If you're looking only at the protein mix drink (PDM), those have 15 grams of protein for 2 scoops. You could always make your own fruit smoothies and add the PDM into those.

Hope you find something! :)
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    I just added my protein bar to morning snacks. What on earth was the point of that??? the number for protein was "9". Thats nothing! :-( 85cal.... I don't see the point? Or is my protein bar just low in protein? :-(
  • sweetpea7441
    Options
    The bar has 9.3g protein.
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Hmmm ... I just checked the food database and the regular protein bars (peanut butter and chocolate fudge) have 12 grams. Most of the deluxe protein bars have around 9-10 grams. Maybe you have one of the deluxe bars? Those definitely taste better but do have less protein.

Your best bet is to go with the protein drink mix. I use the bars more for convenience. I hope you find something that works for you. :) Maybe other Herbalifers will have more info. for you. Good luck! :)
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    The protien bar is a good snack..I ususally do that but I use my Protien shakes for breakfast or dinners.. My lunch is my biggest meal..
    :flowerforyou: