What if you're really heavy?

Options
Has anyone done this method that has over 100 pounds to lose? If so, how did it work out for you?

Replies

• DoubleE615312
    DoubleE615312 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It will work for you too...
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I imagine it works exactly the same, except that you will have to be more patient as you have more to lose.

If I were you I would talk to a medical professional about to lose the weight in a healthy and maintainable way.

There is no quick fix.
  • MrsT_2009
    MrsT_2009 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    If you click on the "Welcome! The Rules" sticky topic there is a link to an old post in there. Olivia touched on setting this up if you have more to lose there by saying:

This is mostly appropriate for people who's maintenance calories before exercise are less than 2200. At 2200 or above, you can safely create a 1000 calorie deficit without exercise - so if you set up MFP to lose 2 pounds a week it would set your calories to 1200. You would then eat all your exercise calories and keep your 1000 calorie deficit, making noticeable progress quite achievable.

Best wishes with this method!
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You can safely drop more than 2 pounds a week if you are more than 100 pounds overweight, but it is still a good way to set it up. Just don't feel obligated to eat all of your BMR calories. You can instead eat fewer and get a larger deficit....then the exercise calories you burn are all BONUS!