New to the group :)

Options
Hi,

i am new to the group and this website and just looking for some advice. After being disheartened at trying so hard to lose weight and failing I have been ignoring my weight sneak back up and stopped taking my metformin.

I feel ready to start again now and would love to know if any of you have any good diet plans? And if metformin is worth continuing to take?

I also have the mirena coil in and think that is also effecting my weight, done some research on it and it looks likely. Anyone clued up on this that can offer any adivce?

Iam 5'5 and about 182lbs, hoping to get to my target weight of 129! I know its going to be a tough journey but i feel ready now!

Thanks ladies!

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hi,

i am new to the group and this website and just looking for some advice. After being disheartened at trying so hard to lose weight and failing I have been ignoring my weight sneak back up and stopped taking my metformin.

I feel ready to start again now and would love to know if any of you have any good diet plans? And if metformin is worth continuing to take?

I also have the mirena coil in and think that is also effecting my weight, done some research on it and it looks likely. Anyone clued up on this that can offer any adivce?

Iam 5'5 and about 182lbs, hoping to get to my target weight of 129! I know its going to be a tough journey but i feel ready now!

Thanks ladies!

I lost about 8 lbs. before I went on Metformin (a few weeks). I've lost eight more since (a few months). I think it's helped me but we'll see when I go back to the doctor in a few weeks.
  • Missrachel1990
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck with the weight loss!