Fertiltiy clinic (here we go again 2mo)

Options
angelraguel
angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
Well I havent officially posted in this group before so thought I would do now.

About 4 years ago I went to the fertility clinic to see if they would help me as I was having pain in my right ovary (still to do to this day) I was told it wasnt ovary pain and that it was a muscle. A few months before I was told I had PCOS and due to this I asked a few questions but wasnt to concerened as I wasnt ready to be a mum due to being at uni still. however I decided to start trying about 6 months later because I changed my mind as I realised after some research it could be hard to concieve, over a year later nothing..

I go back to the clinic and explain what has happened and was assesed, I was told I was to overweight and had to lose it, they didnt give me a goal weight or anything and sadly the mad who assesed me spoke to me so badly that I went on a bender and continued to put on more weight.

sadly in this time my life got turned upside down, i had an accident at work and couldnt really excericse for almost 6 years and then other health problems started such as my knee patella being off track and having feet probs all my life, I just kept getting heavier.

its now been over 3 years and no pregnancy I asked my dr to re refer me again, he did and well i went back and got the same response to fat to have the drug clomid, crunch time came. I am 28 and know that fertiltiy rates start dropping at around 30, and I started to feel extremely upset but deseperate more than ever and decided that its now or never !! This time she gave me a goal and said I could probably start treatment when im 14 stone (I was 19stone 4 now 16 stone 9 (270 ibs now 233) and 2mo i have clinic!!!

They wanted me to come back in a years time back in january but I said to the lady a year is to long to wait and that I would give up, please just give me a 6 month appointment, she agreed so thast why I have an appointment 2mo.

although I havent reached 14 stone (196 ibs) Im hoping that they may see ive lost 36 ibs already and they may give me clomid, well thats what im wishing for but I do realise 2mo may not be what I want as in I dont think ill get what I want but i can try right =p!

I always get so upset after clinic and im hoping 2mo will be different.

Im still having pains in what I believe is my right ovary (ive asked for a test where they flush your tubes but i was refused it because i had never had an STD and was told that the chances of my tubes being blocked were extremely rare due to that so they wont waste there money doing the test) but what is this pain im getting in right ovary? can it really be a muscle? I would love to hear if anyone has any ideas as to what it could be as im fed up with telling them about the severe pain i get in it :(!

Replies

• angelraguel
    Options
    O i forgot to mention I have now been on metaformin for a year and no luck either however im only on 500mg i believe it is a day so will maybe up that in the next few months
  • angelraguel
    Options
    FANTASTIC NEWS TODAY!

So i went to the fertility clinic today, and he asked me how i was feeling so i told him outright that i hate coming to this place, he asked me why so I said to him, im fed up with always being told im fat and being refused for the drug clomid and that now im temp disabled and approaching 30.

He then explained to me the importance of losing weight to have a healthy baby and for myself to remain healthy and safe ( i do know this already but i listened), so i said to him well heres a list of my whole weight loss since january recorded every sunday, and i said ive also got the list of my periods which are still not regular then i explained to him that no one listens to me about them, as when i was thin i still wasnt regular, he was really pleased id lost that weight but i dont think he believed me, so he asked if he wud mind if he cud weigh me, so i said of course you may :D! In this time David had been speaking to him whilst i was getting weighed.

The nurse went to weigh me and i asked her what it said and she said it was 104.5 so even better than my weigh in other day from gym instructor 105kg lol, so when i went back into the room i said there you go , theres the proof =p! He looked at his comp screen and had me previously weighed in at 120kg lol so 15 kg lost he was flabbasgasted.

then he said the thing is deborah we do try and help people like urself but we have strict guidelines (i was thinking here we go again and i must have pulled a face!!) then he said we like to meet people half way and i said well i think ive done my bit and smiled, he said okay heres the deal..... we WILL put you on CLOMID!!!! I burst into tears as I couldnt believe what I was hearing, i was so happy i coulda kissed him! He continued by saying however i must continue with the diet, i said dont worry i will be and he said when i give u this drug you will be scanned daily, if we can see ur ovarys clearly cos now u have lost weight we can continue with the drug but if you havent then we will havae to stop as i could have 5 eggs delevelop which could lead to well to many babys being made and dangerous, and i said to him thats fine i totally understand and i said all i ever wanted was for someone here to actually listen to me and consider me for treatment and set me goals, i said if im to big when it comes to the scan I will just keep losing weight untill you can see, i can wait cos at least now i know im gonna be treated!!

I am very happy and go back in August! I can not wait im so excited. The bad news is when i went back in January she told me one of my jabs wasnt up to date and I need to get it done but I cant remember what it was, i think rubella so I will go speak to drs surgery 2mo and see if i can get that sorted asap. Ive been told to go buy myself some folic acid and start it now :)!!!!!
  • ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I have heard many success stories with clomid! My friend is about to have her baby any day now after doing Clomid and having a IUI along with it. I was unsuccessful with clomid and had to do something that would help me a bit more so I really hope Clomid will work for you and get you some follicles to have a great trying chance! Baby dust!
  • angelraguel
    Options
    bless you and thankyou for reading my story! thats great re your friend and i have no idea what an IUI is =x? sorry to hear you were unsuccesful with clomid. You look so slim as a bride in your piccy so im guessing weight wasnt an issue for your clomid? My weight is still a huge issue for my clomid and i have to get to 100kg ideally before august. Have you got preggys now? Id love to add you to find out more if you wouldnt mind =]?
  • ShannonJohnson
    ShannonJohnson Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My friend had to do a IUI because her husband had bad morphology (?) of his sperm so doing the IUI would basically ween out the bad sperm and also place the sperm up by the fallopian tubes to give them a better chance to meet up with the egg.

Clomid would not help my follicles grow so after 3 tries of that we moved on to injectables, which are not as bad as everyone hears or that you see on TV.