Intro

Options
healthyMSk
healthyMSk Posts: 31 Member
Hi. I see this group has been not been busy for a bit, but I figured I would go ahead and say hi anyway.:smile:
I'm really hoping to use MFP to make some major life changes & would love to find other people with physical obstacles to talk to.
I have a lot of weight to lose & I'm praying that will reduce my back pain some.
I was born with scolosis & now at 35 I have a list of issues with my disc and SI joints thanks to it.
Most days I can walk ok around the house it is standing in one spot, like talking to someone, or walking for very long that really gets me. I feel like I have a timer on me some days it is set at 2min some 10min but when it is done I'm going to go down whether I want to or not.
Hope to chat with some of you soon.

Replies

• econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Also living with some physical obstacles. I have neurological problems which have really made life challenging over the last few years. At some points been bedridden. Currently I use a walker or a wheelchair and some days I don't need any aids at all. Exercise is very rare for me, although I need to try to make it more of a priority even if it's 10 mins!

I hope MFP helps you and feel free to friend me - maybe we can encourage each other with the whole exercise thing! :wink:
  • JanetCheadle
    Options
    Hello there. I have been a member for a few months but have struggled with the exercise. I am currently (the past year) confined to a wheelchair and unable to stand for more than transferring to another sitting position. Hardest part is unable to weigh myself! Who knew that would ever be a problem throughout my overweight life. I plan on guessing that I can lose two pounds a week if I stay on program and since I have now been assigned a powered wheelchair my arm exercises are going to have to come from weights. Glad to know that I am not alone in the struggle to get this weight off with limited mobility. Good luck and thanks for being around.
  • gimger47
    gimger47 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    I have just find this site and added the app to my iphone to make it easier to keep on track. 3 years ago i was fit and healthy working as a medical receptionist and also as a football coach coaching children in my spare time. This was my passion my partner and daughter are also football coaches and football did play a large part in my life untli i had an injury. I had a hair line fracture of one of the bones in my foot on diagnosing this the doctor proceded to ask me if i wanted my foot in plaster or could i manage with the pain as it was so near christmas i said i could manage( i used to have a high pain threshold). Anyway to cut a long story short after being in pain for 6 months plus i asked for a second opinion only to be told i had also damaged my ligaments at the time of the accident because this had gone unnoticed they had bled out and i needed an operation to remove the calcified blood. After the op everything went downhill i am in constant pain i can hardly move and i need 2 crutches to walk. At my lowest i was contemplating taking my own life i take so much medication it would have been so easy but my children are my life and as useless as i feel i am i couldnt leave them behind. I am now diagnosed as having neuropathic pain and have been told i may never walk again properly i have lost my job at the gps and i can no longer coach due to my depression i ate everything to make me feel better well it worked for a while but now i have put on over 10 stones messed up my motabilism and now have an underactive thyroid aswell. I could swim without using my feet but i am too ashamed of my body to go to the local pool but other exercise is difficult. i am hoping this site will help and speaking to others who are in pain would like to know how they cope from day to day. Like i said at the beginning this is new to me and i use more on my iphone so if anyone wants to add me as a friend feel free sometimes my abled body friends just dont understand how i feel
  • JanetCheadle
    Options
    Welcome Ginger47. I have been totally inactive-felt guilty visiting the site when I was overeating and not exercising much. Trying to get back on tract before the holidays begin. It is hard to believe that in two months I will be taking my Christmas tree down! Wow, did this year go by fast. I am sorry you are experiencing so much pain and I sympathize with the fact the doctors didn't catch all your problems at once. The first doctor I saw 7 years ago said if I wasn't hurting all that much to ignore my back and come back when it was bad. Well, 4 years ago I totally collapsed unable to move my lower half, but was blessed with a great surgeon who got me upright again. However, now it is a chair and since I am old it doesn't matter. Try and concentrate on family and friends. Knowing you are loved helps, but yes, walking friends don't understand. I have a very dear friend who wanted me to "hop" on an airplane and fly 3000 miles to visit her in her new two story home. Hmmmm, wonder what she doesn't understand about a wheelchair. Oh well, she means well. Take care and hang in there. Janet