Cipramil?

Options
CharisSunny
CharisSunny Posts: 276 Member
Please share your experiences with this med: good? bad? fantastic? Being put on it tomorrow--one more in a long list of maddening attempts to balance me out.

Replies

• kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    im on citalipam dont no if its the same, it takes a couple of weeks to start to work but its ok.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    it also goes by celexa. i tried that for about 2mos and had to go off as my suicidal ideation came back with a vengeance. i'm not normal, i usually get all the bad side effects of any drug i take. i take 5 different medications to keep my on an even keel. working so far..

it can be very demoralizing having to take med after med, but when you find the right combo, its all worth it. keep trying and you'll find you stability :)
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I don't know about this med. Just wanted to say hope it goes well for you, and you are feeling better soon. I know what a nightmare pills are-wish you the best.
  • garyobesedeleted
    garyobesedeleted Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    for me, it worked for a while, then i said to the doc that it was still working, that was like 6 months ago, ive been of the meds and things have been terrible, too anxious to go back, i dont know what the response will be
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    Thank u, I'm still here but still not regulated. I have given up.
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    Please, can you share what you take, in a message if you don't mind?
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    It can take two weeks to adjust. If the side effects are too severe then they can reduce the dose and increase it slowly to lessen the side effects, or put you on a different SSRI that you can take in liquid form so build up the dose more slowly. It's best to see your Doctor to ask about this as they may need to monitor the side effects. Hang in there! :flowerforyou:
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    Didn't continue it. Too much went wrong...
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Sorry to read that :(

Hope you can find something else that helps. It can be a tough process but if you're persistent you may be able to find something that helps. Check out this thread for someone who went through a similar process: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/762925-anxiety-mdd

If not meds then talking therapy (specifically CBT or Cognitive Behavoural Therapy) may help
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words.

3 drugs later and I am still here. It isnt better and Ive lost someone dear to me due to whatever this illness is...
    I dont have anything else to take.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i'm so sorry. i just started taking tompomax again. i took it years ago and it had all sorts of bad side effects and didnt seem to be doing any good so i went off it. then this last month i got so sick of not losing weight that i talked to my doc about going back on it. at least try it and see what happens. low and behold, now its working great. its actually helped with my headaches, and with my mood a little. and the bad side effects are not there like they were last time.

so the moral of my story is, maybe something that you tried before will work now. things change, our bodies change. those chemicals coursing through our veins causing havoc, change. just a thought. i really hope you find something that will help.
  • Cynclancurrie
    Options
    I have much sympathy for you. I was taken off Prozac last year and have been bouncing around between three different antidepressants and they are wrecking me. Havoc with my life in every way. It's not so much the side effects as the face that I remember how good some things I have lost can be (like my sex life). I am still desperately seeking a medication that works for me.
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    I was worried about taking an SSRI because I was terrified what effect it would have on my partner with me not wanting sexual contact.
    We've since broken up so I guess I dont have anything to lose now. I am still afraid of the weight gain.

Guess overall Ive given up...
  • LynneyMetcalf
    LynneyMetcalf Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am on Citalopram which is the same as Cipramil. It has really really helped me but I am struggling to get off it and I have put on weight. But I have chosen to be chubby and happy rather than upset and skinny xx
  • CharisSunny
    Options
    Hey, thanks for your response.

I am now going into week 3 of Citalopram and worrying about the weight gain WHILE taking it.
    Havent even tackled the concept of getting off of it, just yet