It's Tricky...Tricky....Thursday (July is HOT!!!!!)

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I am begging you guys...if you are using the same elliptical, treadmill, same jogging trail...boring and the body is saying the same thing...boring! Your muscles and nervous system adapt and no longer a challenge...for many this may mean no more vast weight loss or a plateau! GUYS!!!!! We are not only trying to lose weight but have better physical fitness!
So, you have got to try something different! Don't be scared or inhibited! Be like a kid and just pick something different and DO IT!!!!!!
Okay, okay, okay, for you out there that are like "NO!!!" At the very least pick a different setting on the machine or go a different trail if jogging!
KEEP THE BODY GUESSING!!! Try a different routine today!!!!!!!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• AmberMahfouz
    AmberMahfouz Posts: 316
    Options
    I've been doing Insanity and that's one reason I think that it works so well. It's a different body part every day and I find I feel less sore.

You'd be amazed at the difference you find when you do some small changes.

Try to do a full minute (60 seconds) of Jump in Jacks and also try out Mountain Climbers. You'll be surprised at how your body reacts!
  • jaimesuefit
    Options
    I can do this challenge....
  • steffshinn
    Options
    Went up 1 level of resistance on my stationary bike. Got off the bike with a ringing wet shirt! I feel great. Just started this group today!
  • toniarandall
    toniarandall Posts: 111
    Options
    I can do this challenge. I get bored easily. I think i get bored before my body gets bored. LOL This one will be fun for me.Thanks
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Just added strength training and stationary biking to my routine or running and yoga :-) Muscles know something different is going on.
  • Strongisthenewskny
    Strongisthenewskny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    For someone who doesn't have time to go to the gym, and just uses the outdoors as her gym. What would you recommend on switching up my exercise routine? I get bored VERY easily as well, so my exercises are never the same every day. Is there any suggestions you can give me for outdoor fitness? Keep in mind, I don't have a bike, or anything like that :cry:
  • KathleenD1026
    KathleenD1026 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Idk if this will help anybody...but I'm doing a July Fitness Challenge. It's totally free and it's just for fun...but everyday an exercise and a number between 30-61 is randomly chosen. So far we've had some pretty challenging combinations...today's is 58 Burpees! I keep putting off doing it bc i hate burpees!!...BUT i'm determined to overcome my laziness and kick this weight, so I will complete this challenge...
  • KathleenD1026
    KathleenD1026 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What about finding a nearby high school football field and running the bleachers? I used to do that and it kicks your butt! I'm just not 'there' yet endurance wise, but I'm aiming to start that soon! In my neighborhood we have some HUGE sets of steps too...one time up and my thighs are heavy as cement! So that may be an option for you too if you can't find bleachers. Good Luck!
  • EttaMarvin
    Options
    I added 43-minutes of TaeBo Fitness to Lose Weight. Quite a challenge, especially if your not the cordinated!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Ms Marvin I think I re-winded it 10 times!!!!!!!! I was tripping over my own feet!