Place to walk indoors with a stroller?

Options
lovekohl
lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
I've heard that the colesium at the fairgrounds and the metrodome host indoor walking times in the winter, but is there anywhere that does this in the summer? If would be nice to have an alternate plan for super hot days like we've been having.

I'm not comfortable putting my son in the childcare at a gym just yet. Maybe when he's a bit older and can talk, but not right now. That's why I need to find a place to walk that allows me to push my stroller.

Thanks!

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest any of the malls. Walking around the Mall of America the other day was quite the workout!
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    Check out some of the community centers.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest malls, especially Mall of America. If you can go anytime during the week, it's not typically overly crowded. You can loop each of the three floors and get a great workout in (plus there's a lot of visual stimulation if your baby stays awake). Rosedale or Har Mar (in Roseville) are fine too, but aren't as big. During my lunch break the other day, I almost went to Target to do laps because it was too hot to walk outside and there weren't any malls nearby. I'm not sure what they'd think of that though!

Plus, malls are FREE!