Insanity -large breasts scuppering my workout

Options
kimannabella
kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
I would wear a 36H and thought that my sports bras were heavy duty enough but apparently not, am finding myself literally being winded by them on some of the jumps and it hurts, finding it hard to catch my breath quick enough in time for the next jump.

Have any of you had similar problems with "the girls" and what helped you get through it?

Replies

• ashleyfouts
    Options
    Hey, I use to be larger but as of right now I am a 36 d and have to wear a regular bra with a sports bra over it, then a tight tank top to hold it all in and last my regular shirt on top. Have you tried doubling up your bras?
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    36H? Oh man, based on the misery I went through before finding a decent bra for running with my measly 34Ds you have my sympathy.

A friend of mine has bigger breasts than me and is also a runner, she swears by Shock Absorber sports bras, and when things get bouncy she does opt for 2 of them. I've had some luck cranking my girls into a size too small bra, but in your case I'd suggest 2 and then a fitted tank top with those laughable "built in bra" things.
  • ohhjohnny
    ohhjohnny Posts: 7
    Options
    I had to stop through the fitness test my first time I was bouncing so bad. I bought a fitness wrap from wal-mart for $5 and wrapped it over, it worked.
  • kimannabella
    kimannabella Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do wear the shock absorber sports bra's;http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/630 this is the one i've been using. Seeing as they worked for regular gym and saw me through being upside down in pole dancing I thought they'd be fine in Insanity, boy was I wrong. For the past 2 sessions tried the doubling up of bra's thing and wore a very tight spandex top (it seems to be something you'd wear at boxing, and it has a built in bra thing)- that has helped a good deal, it's bearable now.

Hadn't thought about binding, by a fitness wrap do you mean those resistance bands?
  • SchoolCounselor
    SchoolCounselor Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use the enell bras. They are pricey but they do the job.