Awesome PM - For your entertainment...

Options
meagalayne
meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
Got this beauty today - How do you respond, if at all, to this junk?

"hi!

not sure if you are even interested but I am!

not to come off too strong or anything, but you are every guys dream

... can you handle me;)"

Reaaaaally? That's the best you can do? :huh:

**Edit - For the record, I am totally every guys dream :wink:

Replies

• SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    LOL

I got one the other day that said: I HAVE A GREAT PROFILE. YOU CAN READ IT IIF YOU WANT. (I did read his profile, and it wasn't as great as he thought it was.)

and last night, I was chatting with this guy... okay, it took all of 2 minutes for him to ask me: 1. Do you have kids? 2. Can you have more kids? 3. Would you stay home and homeschool our kids if we got married? (I wished him well and sent him on his merry way.)

:laugh:
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten any of those on here but have gotten enough of that on POF especially. I just laugh when they say "I like what I see" or talk about my sexy mouth, OMG, has that ever worked? Is that really the best you can do? My favorite was the guy who offered "umplicated****ail companionship"... what the HELL is that?

Eh, it's amusing and I never respond... even though I'd love to share with them the smark remark that was in my head, haha!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    :tongue:
    I haven't gotten any of those on here but have gotten enough of that on POF especially. I just laugh when they say "I like what I see" or talk about my sexy mouth, OMG, has that ever worked?

It works for me every time.......................................................................................................... when he's goodlooking. :tongue:

except it's my "bedroom eyes" or "beautiful smile" or just cuz I'm so darn "hot".... LOL
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Just a question.

If he had left off that last part ... can you handle me;)"...would it have changed your feelings on it?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Just a question.

If he had left off that last part ... can you handle me;)"...would it have changed your feelings on it?

Just my opinion... It certainly would have helped. But the line above it was also too cliche for me. He could say that to everyone... His line.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Kinda sweet, kinda creepy - best of both worlds

Do you plan on letting him know if you CAN handle it? lol
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    He sent that over MFP? Or this was on a dating site?
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    He is clearly a keeper. I know I swoon over anyone that refuses to use capital letters or any sort of punctuation besides winking faces and exclamation points.
  • XmanMike
    XmanMike Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Definitely examples of what not to do...
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    example of what not to do on any dating site and clearly not on MFP.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    He is clearly a keeper. I know I swoon over anyone that refuses to use capital letters or any sort of punctuation besides winking faces and exclamation points.
    Yea, I'm a sucker for adults with poor grammar and diction :blushing: Its a curse!
    He sent that over MFP? Or this was on a dating site?
    Sorry I should have been clearer - it was on a dating site. Either way, it's a terrible message.
    Just a question.

It would have made me feel less embarrassed for him, but no more likely to respond in the affirmative.

My reply back yesterday:
    "Thanks for the message, but at this point I don't think I am.

Appreciate the compliments though, and good luck here!

Cheers"

Maybe he'll learn a thing or two about communicating with women over the age of 19...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    LOL

I got one the other day that said: I HAVE A GREAT PROFILE. YOU CAN READ IT IIF YOU WANT. (I did read his profile, and it wasn't as great as he thought it was.)

and last night, I was chatting with this guy... okay, it took all of 2 minutes for him to ask me: 1. Do you have kids? 2. Can you have more kids? 3. Would you stay home and homeschool our kids if we got married? (I wished him well and sent him on his merry way.)

I like the second guy's style. No time wasting there. Knows what he wants and straight to the point.
  • meagalayne
    Options
    LOL

I like the second guy's style. No time wasting there. Knows what he wants and straight to the point.
    ^^ This whole interaction is terrifying. I would have done the very same - See ya!
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    LOL

I agree! I wasn't bothered by it, although it did seem a bit like a job interview. I've been asked if I would do stranger things as a wife...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    LOL

I agree! I wasn't bothered by it, although it did seem a bit like a job interview. I've been asked if I would do stranger things as a wife...

Oh reeeeally? Do tell! :bigsmile:
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    [/quote]

Oh reeeeally? Do tell! :bigsmile:
    [/quote]

ha! I sent you a private message!