Day 5 - Protein-tastic!

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
Day 5, and today's challenge was suggested by RealSouthpaw. Don't forget, if you would like to suggest a challenge/goal then you can do on the 'Challenge Suggestions' message board.

Anyway, Day 5 is all about eating lean and being Protein-tastic!

Protein is super important for weight loss and for our overall health and it doesn't just come from meat! So today we should all try and have as much protein as possible - I'm going to try and aim for 80g!

Here is more info about proteins and weight loss if someones interested to read http://www.wellnessresources.com/tips/articles/how_protein_helps_weight_loss

And here are RealSouthpaw's suggestions for how to get the protein into your day:
Instead of eating white bread we could go with rye bread and eat meat, eggs, fishes... whatever you like. When searching I found this list of high-protein foods which may be helpful when planning what to eat.
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/highproteinfood.htm

My personal favourites for bumping up my protein intake are:
- Tuna
- Nuts & seeds
- Eggs

Yum yum!

What's your favourite protein?!

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,264 Member
    Options
    Count me in. My carbs have been a little up this week anyway and my breakfast this morning was high in carbs. So this afternoon I'll have a sliced boiled eggs or tuna on rye bread and for dinner have some type of beans with my grilled chicken. Snacks will be nuts and greek yogurt. Let's do this!!!
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein is peanut butter! (Which is also my major downfall!) I think I'll have an egg for breakfast, tuna for lunch, meatloaf for dinner, and my all time favorite..peanut butter on an apple for my snack today.
  • skipadee
    skipadee Posts: 1
    Options
    My have protein is chicken! Nando's quarter chicken for dinner tonight. Delicious!
  • cbendorf13
    cbendorf13 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Made up yesterday's challenge and working on this.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I managed to get in 86g protein today, so I'm very happy with that!

I am and always will be a meat & poultry eater, milk drinker, cheese eater and lover of nuts and seeds, so getting enough protein has never really been an issue for me.
  • ShawtyHotPink
    Options
    Day 5 Today