Day 6 & 7 - Feel the Fear

Options
lottieloves85
lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
Hey guys, thought I'd update you with this weekend's challenge now so you can prepare yourselves!

"Feel The Fear, And Do It Anyway!"

You've probably all heard this expression many times, but I thought it would make for a good weekend challenge! One of the biggest hurdles I had to get over when I started my weight loss journey was my fear of failure, but now I'm so glad I took the plunge and just did it. Don't get me wrong, I still get fearful when I have a day off or it's weigh in day, or, as has just happened and therefore sparked this challenge, when my super-fit friend asked me if I wanted to go for a bike ride with her on Sunday!

So, this weekend I want you to do one thing that scares you. Maybe it's something you've been putting off for a while (bikini shopping anyone?) Something you don't think you can do, like my bike ride :noway: , or a different type of workout that perhaps you've wanted to try but not felt confident enough to do so? Could even be food related! Anything goes :)

Let us know what you will be kicking serious BUTT at this weekend and let's empower each other to conquer those fears!!!!!

Good Luck, and have a great weekend!

Replies

• devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What really strikes fear into my heart is making telephone calls, believe it or not. (I don't own a cell phone, if you were wondering, but do have a land line phone) I have no issues receiving phone calls and can talk on the phone easily as long as it was an incoming call. It's not just a dislike of making phone calls, it is a definite panic inducing, hyperventilating, run to the toilet, downright debilitating, nearly passing out, irrational phobia. I will get in the car and make trips to doctor offices and other places to make appointments at the desk rather than pick up the phone. I will do without things I want if it requires making telephone calls to get them, and this includes phoning for repair men, plumber, cable company, etc.

Soooooooo, I guess this will be my challenge. I will attempt to make a least one phone call this weekend.
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    devonette, I wish you good luck, and pray that you will be able to conquer this. It must be very debilitating at times. You CAN do it!!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    good luck Devonette :-)

Not sure what my fear is really (besides spiders!hehe) , maybe I'll sign up for swimming lessons, I keep saying I want to do it, but keep putting it off, never learnt to swim after being pushed to hard as a child and going under and scaring me! I still think I cant possibly float!lol
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,264 Member
    Options
    I've always hated the way my arms look and would never go sleeveless in public. Yesterday I went to the dentist and ran errands and wore a sleeveless top...afterall it has been about 100 in GA for the past 2 weeks. It was not a tank top but a conservative tee with wide straps. For the first time I did not feel like everyone was looking at me. This was not because I've lost a lot of weight but the fact that MFP and JMBR has given me more confidence. I plan to go sleeveless all weekend. My body is changing and so is my mind.
  • epfox86
    epfox86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I actually decided this past week that I would buy a bikini for my honeymoon next summer. I bought it in my goal size. I thought it would be a good motivator and it was on sale so I decided what the heck. I was definitely not looking forward to getting into a swimsuit for the honeymoon but with mfp and a very high energy dog I feel confident that I will be sporting the new bikini next summer :)
  • holley75
    holley75 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The greatest fear I have is the fear of failure. I set myself up in many ways to fail. As far as life in gerneral though i have no fears. I am very adventurous and do lots of things to puch myself beyond where most people would. So I guess I will have to wait until the end of these July challenges to so if indeed I do fail.
  • SRitzy
    SRitzy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure if this counts as a "fear", but it is something that I accomplished today. Today I went to Starved Rock State Park hiking with my dog. I made it to the top of the first cliff which is mostly stairs. After my dog and got back down, I decided to hike up the next cliff. This one has a bunch of stairs plus up & down foot trails to follow. I haven't hiked both cliffs at the same time in many, many years. About half way up, I was quit and started to return to the car. My fear is other people passing me on the steps or trail and make fun of me, the middle-aged, fat lady on the hiking trail. After a little bit My dog & I stopped again, turned around and continued to the top. We rested at the top, looking down at the IL River. It was a beautiful view and well worth the walk. And believe it or not, nobody made fun of the mid-aged, fat lady!! I am proud I didn't quit. I really enjoyed my almost 2.5 mile hike today!
  • devonette
    Options
    What really strikes fear into my heart is making telephone calls, believe it or not. (I don't own a cell phone, if you were wondering, but do have a land line phone) I have no issues receiving phone calls and can talk on the phone easily as long as it was an incoming call. It's not just a dislike of making phone calls, it is a definite panic inducing, hyperventilating, run to the toilet, downright debilitating, nearly passing out, irrational phobia. I will get in the car and make trips to doctor offices and other places to make appointments at the desk rather than pick up the phone. I will do without things I want if it requires making telephone calls to get them, and this includes phoning for repair men, plumber, cable company, etc.

Soooooooo, I guess this will be my challenge. I will attempt to make a least one phone call this weekend.

I made no phone calls this weekend, so technically I failed this challenge. However, being as this was a weekend, none of the places I need to call were open. So I'm extending this challenge for myself into day 8 (Monday). If I don't make my phone call on Monday, then I will have failed.
  • devonette
    Options
    No success on this challenge for me, I'm afraid. :(