I just found out...Friday! 7/6

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, have you examined what type of eater you are? For example, I am a volume eater...I like to see MORE! So, I choose healthier foods that are substitutes or just low in calorie. Like popcorn...you get the light version and it seems like a lot but filling! I tend to add extra veggies to everything bc I like it to look bigger. I am a cruncher too...so if I can crunch a carrot, whole wheat cracker or a baked chip all the better!
So, what are you? Cruncher? Creamy person? Sweet anything? Condiment Queen/King? Snacker? Spicy?

Knowing how you like to eat (pattern) and the style helps you know how to tailor your diet and seek what you like but in a different way. Find healthy substitutes or how to improve on the types of foods for example you snack on all day. If like sweets there is a way to have your cake and eat it too! Finding out first is key!

Think on it......

Peace,
WW

Replies

• chelleRmcgrath
    Options
    Interesting.....I am definately a cruncher and a snacker.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Can I declare myself the Queen of Pasta??? ;)
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I am a snacker. I would rather just graze all day than eat a big meal. However, the grazing can add up very quickly! That's why I LOVE the Special K cracker chips. One serving is 27 chips! That's quite a few!
  • Merithyn
    Merithyn Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a grazer. I'd rather eat little bits all day. Like kate said, that begins to add up quickly. So, I've taken to planning my meals out on MFP to make sure I have the right amount of calories and the right kinds of calories throughout the day. When I pack my lunch for work, I bring everything for the day but dinner, and rather than just sitting to eat lunch, I split it all up throughout the day. I feel satisfied all day, I don't overeat, and it's actually saving me money, too.

The weekends, however, still kill me. Le'sigh. :frown:
  • ndybala
    ndybala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love bread - wheat bread, bagels, waffles, english muffins, pancakes - anything bread/carbohydrate based. It's my weakness. I can order a steak dinner, eat only half because "I'm full" but then eat three or four more pieces of bread. It's bad - and it all goes to my thighs. :-( My boyfriend actually helps to regulate my bread intake when we go out to eat. I can have 2 pieces/slices max before a meal.
  • briemichel
    briemichel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sweets are my weakness.... I have started to cut out sweets one at a time and I am happy to say that I no longer need that sweet snack after lunch and dinner. Knowing what your weakness are helps you focus on where you can improve.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    So Ms Prest how do you deal with pasta? Make it whole wheat or just smaller portion or get the Shirataki noodles?

Ms Bala....what do you do to limit or substitute for bread? Just don't eat it at all?

Ms Merithyn....YOU got the idea! What a way to adapt! YOU too Ms Kelly.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    So Ms Prest how do you deal with pasta? Make it whole wheat or just smaller portion or get the Shirataki noodles?

Ronzoni Smart Taste pastas!! I had tried the whole wheat ones but the family rebelled!! So I tried Smart Taste and no one noticed the difference, I measure and keep in my calorie goal!! I suppose if I had given up pasta maybe I would have lost weight faster or maybe more weight, but the point is I didn't want to give up anything I enjoyed so I didn't and I am still very close to goal.